• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
This thread has been so bad lately I don't even feel self concious about posting these ****** photobooth pictures of a lame boring outfit and my horrendously messy room. Enjoy assholes.
inlove.gif

Photoon2010-06-15at0855.jpg

Photoon2010-06-15at08563.jpg

Photoon2010-06-15at0857.jpg

typical ARW.
rolleyes.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did my second fitting today, just wondering if you guys have any comments. First pic is before I messed with buttoning point, second is after I told them to lower it 1cm. I'm going with the shorter sleeve and shorter trouser leg, will have 2" cuffs as well (also have a second pair with no cuffs). Still just the second fitting so it's far from finished, and obviously trousers look like **** because they're not pressed. Looking at the pics on my computer, I'm thinking I might go with a little more waist suppression.
23mu7f6.jpg
wralox.jpg
I'd add the actual fit pic of me drinking makkoli with the guys there but the pics didn't turn out too well
frown.gif

CrazyJ

Reaction score
One last remark for Mr Moo-

Don't feel bad about your weight. If you look back, I never insulted you for it, because I know how you feel. I was fat back in high school and I was ******* miserable. I stepped it up and poured my whole life into losing weight and becoming normal. I joined the cross-country team, ran every single day, and burned through about 60lbs within one year. If you really did lose 25lbs in 1/2 a year, good job; if not, then don't lie to yourself and try harder.

Now as for what you should wear, because I feel like I didn't offer very good criticism since I had to split for an exam. First of all, back to the sweater- just like you said, it's form fitting. Which in your case, is not desirable. I'm not being an asshole saying this, but it's like you trying to wear a muscle tee. It ain't going to look good. I mean not only that, I can't really stand the color or the fabric of the hoodie, it just looks dumb.

A man of your proportion should wear something that will complement your form better, like a sport coat. Rarely do I ever see bigger-sized guys like yourself walking around wearing a skin-tight hoodie, because it doesn't do anything for them. You're just falling into an SF trend which, inconveniently, was fabricated by and for people who weigh 90-140lbs.
If you find a decent, well-fitted sport coat to wear over that shirt, with the same jeans, you will look 500% better. Keep the sneakers, they aren't terrible, but again I'd go with something a bit more modest, like a pair of wingtips.

Think about the people who are your own weight... stock brokers, wall street kind of people, CEO's, etc. Would you see them walking around manhattan wearing a form fitting, ugly ass hoodie? No, they're wearing a suit. If not that, a nice jacket that doesn't accentuate your weight. Like literally, with that hoodie it looks like the "color blocks" are exploding out of their stitches while you're wearing it. Look at the seams around your shoulders, that's why one of the first responses was that the shoulders were so tight.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to weigh 200 pounds (0)

skunkworks

Reaction score
You went 200 -> 160 in 6 months? That's ridiculous.

virus646

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
You went 200 -> 160 in 6 months? That's ridiculous.

How so? That's around 1-2 lbs per week which is perfectly healthy.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
33za0j8.jpg
Balenciaga (size 42 for those playing along at home) dunno Margiela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads