• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Rapper Ever? Redux

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
This is shaping up pretty much exactly like the last poll IMMSMC.

A two party race between Biggie and Tupac, with Rakim playing the role of Ralph Nader.

Rakim is only a vote behind BIG and one ahead of Pac. You have knocked some sense in their heads, though I voted Nas.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Rakim is only a vote behind BIG and one ahead of Pac. You have knocked some sense in their heads, though I voted Nas.

Yeah, but I already know where it's going. Rakim's going to top out around ten votes.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melly Mell is seriously underrated.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

A child is born with no state of mind
Blind to the ways of mankind
God is smiling on you but he's frowning too
Because only God knows what you'll go through
You'll grow in the ghetto, living second rate
And your eyes will sing a song of deep hate
The places you're playin', where you stay
Looks like one great big alley way
You'll admire all the number book takers
Thugs, pimps, pushers and the big money makers
Driving big cars, spending twenties and tens
And you wanna grow up to be just like them, huh,
Smugglers, scrambles, burglars, gamblers
Pickpockets, peddlers even panhandlers
You say: "I'm cool, I'm no fool!"
But then you wind up dropping out of high school
Now you're unemployed, all non-void
Walking 'round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd
Turned stickup kid, look what you've done did
Got sent up for a eight year bid
Now your manhood is took and you're a may tag
Spend the next two years as a undercover ***
Being used and abused to serve like hell
Till one day you was found hung dead in a cell
It was plain to see that your life was lost
You was cold and your body swung back and forth
But now your eyes sing the sad, sad song
Of how you lived so fast and died so young

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/grandmaster+flash/#share

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Riio

Reaction score
black thought doing his thing

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The eighteenth letter, the prophecy professor

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow. Some people should not be on that list...And if Jay isn't at least on the poll, then this is fugazy.
My vote goes for KRS/Biggie!

closetmess

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
I think so one has been playing with my poll. I am sure I put Jay Z. Anyway he didn't get close to winning the last time so I doubt he'd won this time, nor would he deserved to. Q-Tip? No. Phife was a better rapper than Tip and he didn't deserve a spot. The Wu while great as a group has no one who could be considered GOAT to say ODB should be on any list is silly. Ghost is the most consistent member of the WU and my favorite but I don't think he is better than those listed though I like him more than all but 5 of them.

Then why do a new poll? ...also, Jay's been mentioned in as many posts as there have been votes.

Vinnie Paz from Jedi Mind Tricks, anyone?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Riio
who are the best five rappers of all time?

1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan

BECAUSE HE SPITS HOT FIYA

I hope I am not the only one who got this
laugh.gif

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted for NaS, but Jay Electronica is my favorite rapper right now. The production he did on NaS' last album was great as well.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No Kanye West on the list? I know he gets a lot of **** for his actions outside the studio but he ist easily top ten, if not top 5. College Dropout, Late Registration and Graduation were instant classics. I probably wouldn't put him as the best but he needs recognition to be on the poll at least.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ no and I loved Kanye's first albums too. He made good music but he's not a top 5 or top 10 rapper. His rapping skills and lyrics are way too bad to make such a list. His beats are top 10.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree, I think his a pretty good lyricist, even 808 & Heartbreak had it's good moments. His flow is pretty good too. I think we can at least agree that he is better than some of those on the list.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I'd have to disagree, I think his a pretty good lyricist, even 808 & Heartbreak had it's good moments. His flow is pretty good too. I think we can at least agree that he is better than some of those on the list.

Who on the list do you think Kanye is better than ?

I'm cool with swapping andre3000 with Ye, but i think andre has much more songs out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads