• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Looks good. I prefer this to the with jeans version.
Originally Posted by Philip1978
NOBD, MoK and Spoo, love the SC today. (the thumbs up icon seems to be missing)
Originally Posted by ajv
Seems so easy, well done.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Fab colours

Thank you for the comments.

Originally Posted by anon
My wife generally hates looks from SF, but she happened to walk by as I was scrolling by this. She actually stopped and said "I like that a lot - you should get a jacket like that."

So congratulations and thank you. This outfit may have just converted my wife to my tastes.

You're welcome, and please thank your wife for the kind words.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
NOBD, MoK and Spoo, love the SC today.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
(the thumbs up icon seems to be missing)

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Spano SC? I dig it.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

I dig. A lot.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty

This is strong, rather than loud. I like.

Originally Posted by Requiem
Spoopoker, here's another fan of your style.

Thank you gents. The jacket is indeed a Spano from whusurdadi's Spano-a-thon. Me likey.

Originally Posted by Tom Ford Love
I like this combo alot. Well done.

Originally Posted by JPHardy
For me, probably your best look.

Originally Posted by Axelman 17
+1, easily your best look

Originally Posted by TRINI
+ 1

Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Same here.

Big hit
smile.gif

Really appreciate it, d00ds. I thought I was doomed when Mrs. Spoo said she liked it in the morning too (usually my WAYWRN kiss of death
lol8[1].gif
)

Originally Posted by redzapper
Nice! I am now a spoo fan

Just now? What took you so long?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gregaz
Buckling under peer pressure? Soon you'll be an old man jacket wearing fuddy-duddy like the rest of us ...

Whats that? Who said that? Speak up, young man!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doral
What I wore on Fathers day. My girlfriend did not like the contrast between the red tie and the burgundy trousers. I told her sometime you have to break the rules.

DSC00010.jpg
DSC00012-1.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

facepalm.gif

You are trying to "break the rules" but you ignore the most basic: don't try too hard.

this outfit screams "I'm trying really really hard to look good", and despite that, you've failed.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_8462.jpg

This jacket and your recent jackets fit much much better than some of your previous jackets that were way too tight.

Did you lose weight or are the jackets new commissions?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Requiem
I've been lurking around for many months but today's look from Holdfast is my favorite from him. You rock in a bow tie!
Originally Posted by MBreinin
One of your best looks in a while HF. I really like it.
Originally Posted by OffTheRack
I agree, I think it's your best in a while too. I think its one of your more connected/coordinated outfits--the contrast of the patterns (stripes, bowtie print, dotted square) keep it interesting, and the colors of all three items along with the shoes connect with burgandy/purple without being matchy, and the hints of gold in the tie and square are a great compliment to both navy and burgandy. A look suitable for business without compromising your style.
Great look and this photo really shows the fit off.
Originally Posted by Parker
Great, HF!
Originally Posted by barims
Cigars for Ob5, ManofKent and, in particular, Holdfast.
Thanks, all! Funny, I thought it might a bit busy for SF taste, but I'm glad you all liked it.
Originally Posted by gregaz
BBBF, right? So, in your opinion, what's different in this vs your typical stuff? I think the cut is flattering to you.
Good question. Yes, it's BBBF. I like the general silhouette and most things about it. I really like the fit of the trousers; slim without being tight, though ideally I'd like a little more room around the hips as they're a trifle too snug there. I'd also like the waistband to be about a half-inch lower. Because there are no front darts, there's a lot of shaping of the jacket through waist suppression which I think Thom Browne/BBBF absolutely needs in order to look right. It's no tighter than my Ede bespoke, though it is a bit more than my Ede MTM or most of my other RTW items. What's really different is that it's slimmer through the sleeves, much softer in the shoulders, shorter in the length of the body, and the lapels are very skinny. The slimmer sleeves complement the softer shoulders, keeping everything in proportion. I have no preference between this and the fuller sleeves (with more constructed shoulder) of my Ede or RLPL stuff. Just a different option. The shorter jacket length I personally find a fraction too short for my tastes. I'd like another half-inch of length to the body of the jacket. It just seems a bit truncated to my eye. Similarly I'd like the lapels to be a bit wider. However, given the shoulder/sleeves, I'm not sure this could be done without disrupting the overall silhouette. The length probably could be; the lapels not so much. Anyway, I'm waffling, but I guess what I'm saying is that I like BBBF but also like my Ede items. They're different looks and create a different impression, but I'm not convinced one is absolutely a better silhouette than the other. The BBBF is more stylish (and more SF-approved), the Ede bespoke more balanced to my eye. I do think it probably suits my build better than some of my older Ede MTM and my RLPL RTW, though there's room in my wardrobe for all those different silhouettes.
Originally Posted by barims
Behold! For I hath downloaded the grains of my cameraphone:
2zi4vna.jpg

Very cool. The sunglasses are awesome. Even Adam Boulton appears to approve.
smile.gif
A bit bittersweet, some kids will be missed, some good riddance.
Isn't that always the case with teaching though?
smile.gif
Just keep focusing on the fun to teach ones!

elgreco

Reaction score
4725417347_b6e1674fc6_b.jpg
Shirt: Hugh & Crye (local DC by way of India shirtmakers) Trousers: Navy herringbone - part of Benjamin suit Socks: Marcoliani from Howard Yount Shoes: C&J Drummond Air Guitar: Les Paul Custom Silverburst (it has to be better than my real guitar, right?!?!?) Song (being played by DJ): Guns N' Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine"

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
^^I'm sure you're BOUND to have a positive sartorial influence on at least a few of those kids. Even if they don't pick it up for a few years. I'd be pleased to have my children in your class.

Cheers W

Originally Posted by lee_44106
This jacket and your recent jackets fit much much better than some of your previous jackets that were way too tight.

Did you lose weight or are the jackets new commissions?

Mostly new commissions, other jackets needed to be let out as I gained a lot of upper body mass (not fat), so they progressively got a little tight, although I must confess I do like my stuff a bit more fitted than the group consensus here.

Originally Posted by hooker4186
Pattern matching is well done.

Cheers

Originally Posted by elgreco
4725417347_b6e1674fc6_b.jpg

Song (being played by DJ): Guns N' Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine"

Not nearly enough context in the explanation. One of the more interesting WAYWN pics in a while

elgreco

Reaction score
Not nearly enough context in the explanation. One of the more interesting WAYWN pics in a while

Okay -- the "chick" on the right is my cousin, and this was taken at her wedding this past weekend. Her husband is a rugby player, and all those guys on stage (plus my uncle, the father of the bride) are his rugby teammates. They have a thing where they rock out shirtless to Sweet Child O' Mine at bars and such, and this was going to happen at the wedding itself as I heard earlier that evening. So when it did, I went kinda bananas and did a Swayze slide onto the dance floor and played a bunch of air guitar.

The End.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco
Okay -- the "chick" on the right is my cousin, and this was taken at her wedding this past weekend. Her husband is a rugby player, and all those guys on stage (plus my uncle, the father of the bride) are his rugby teammates. They have a thing where they rock out shirtless to Sweet Child O' Mine at bars and such, and this was going to happen at the wedding itself as I heard earlier that evening. So when it did, I went kinda bananas and did a Swayze slide onto the dance floor and played a bunch of air guitar.

The End.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Awesome. Sounds like a helluva party!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics