• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrifted these old Lobbs recently from the $1 bin that I sometimes score in. Before anyone gets excited, they are ruined...the leather on the sides of both shoes shows significant cracks.

I picked them up and posted them anyways because I was hoping someone could identify the last by eye. I'm really charmed by this last, and want to keep my eye out for it in the future.

mystillwater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Temujin
Hi all, Had some good scores today: Burberry Prorsum suit--took a while to find the pants. Super 100s, kinda heavy. If my measurements are correct, it is a sz 52, 46X31 pants.
No way its Prorsum in that size. EDIT: i just looked at that picture. definitely NOT Prorsum... that's an old "Burberry's" label. They all say "Prorsum" but have no connection to the recent Prorsum line (Burberry's high-end runway line).

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll yesterday I had a brush of greatness. I was out of town and my wife and I were doing some shopping, and the mens store we went into was relocating so they were having a huge mving sale. On the 80% off rack was a suit. Look inside at the tag and read "Brioni". Look at the size and its a 56. I tried it on and it was a tad tight fighting closer to a 44/45 US. The price was $950 (originally $4500.00). I seriously contemplated firing on it and losing a bit of weight.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smart that you didn't bite. You'll find something that fits you at a better price.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Smart that you didn't bite. You'll find something that fits you at a better price.

I do need to lose weight. I'm carrying about 25 lbs too much from a knee injury. Sadly its mostly around he waist.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
+1

Ah. How can you tell...is it the label? The left and right shoes look identical (or nearly so) and don't show the variation that I see in other bespoke shoes.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Thrifted these old Lobbs recently from the $1 bin that I sometimes score in. Before anyone gets excited, they are ruined...the leather on the sides of both shoes shows significant cracks.

I picked them up and posted them anyways because I was hoping someone could identify the last by eye. I'm really charmed by this last, and want to keep my eye out for it in the future.

Is that something you could get re-crafted? Does Lobb do that?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
Is that something you could get re-crafted? Does Lobb do that?

You can't recraft split or damaged leather, unfortunately.

This pair has had their day.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came across NWT Kuhlman Suit 48R, 42W/32, now on Ebay
along with 3 NWOT Kuhlman pants 42W/32 also on Ebay

all made in Italy

Also, not on ebay but bought a Bruli shirt today, wow! These are really nice
any info on Bruli, Swiss Made?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't recraft split or damaged leather, unfortunately. This pair has had their day.
They can patch it, and it works alright on black shoes. Prince Charles wears lobbs that have been patched, and if they're good enough for him... What they look like:
Chris+Jackson+Getty+Images+Europe+Patches+on+HRH+Prince+Charles+shoes.jpg
Yes, that is HRH the Prince of Wales, and those shoes are 40 years old (and have been in the news for it).

lynch_king

Reaction score
Found a gucci belt, IDK if it's real. when i google search to see if it's real it says all the newer belts have serial numbers in them. (do it with all my thrift finds)

Also this belt has GUCCI written on the keeper and nowhere else on the belt.

the belt does say made in Italy, and one more time DESIGN BY ITALY on it.

the buckle is a tooth type mechanism that "bites" into the leather.

Is it real? i can't find anything on google about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads