• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemcgarvey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Less dandified today - first experiment with MTM.
Shoes: Barker 'Lincoln'
Suit: MTM Holland & Sherry
Shirt: TM Lewin
Tie: Michelsons
PS: unbranded silk

I like fabrics with texture... is that a nailhead, or just a coarser weave than normal?

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
confused.gif
that's what I don't get. All I hear is that looking bad is someone's "thing".

THANK you.

Aah, there's the "thing" again. I'm wondering if anyone actually believes that or just says it because it's more convenient.

I wouldn't say Spoo looks bad, I think that with items like the ties that really is just how he rolls. If everyone wore navy blue cashmere ties then the world would be a boring (if stylish) place.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
I wouldn't say Spoo looks bad, I think that with items like the ties that really is just how he rolls. If everyone wore navy blue cashmere ties then the world would be a boring (if stylish) place.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I don't get this "how he rolls"-thing. "Boring (if stylish)" sounds absolutely great to me.

Horatio

Reaction score
20100616_main.jpg

That experiment paid off, stunning outfit by all means, congratulations
worship.gif

Best wishes

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

20100616_end.jpg

I concur. This is fabulous. Is the H&S suit new? I really like the hacking pockets. The Barkers have a museum calf finish, no?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Great colours, fabrics and patterns, MoK.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
The background is just as stunning as that fit. The shoes are WIN WIN WIN
drool.gif
. Well done.

And yes, this picture deserves to be requoted (many times after me, I presume)

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Freakin' amazing! (And posted by a guy who doesn't think he's photogenic.)

Cheers guys.

Originally Posted by jemcgarvey
I like fabrics with texture... is that a nailhead, or just a coarser weave than normal?

Yes nailhead.

Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
Mok: Good shoes! I also like the suit, you should expand on this "MTM experiment".

Thanks - fit isn't quite perfect, but I'm pretty happy. It's a tad snug in the waist (but that was me being over optomistic as to how the weightloss was going
blush.gif
), and I'd have prefered a tad more flare/skirt over my wide hips. Sleeve length is maybe 1/3rd of an inch longer than ideal, but that's being picky. Shoulders and chest feel good, and trousers seem to fit well (need to photograph on a less windy day to really see). All in all I'm reasonably pleased.

Originally Posted by Horatio
That experiment paid off, stunning outfit by all means, congratulations
worship.gif

Best wishes

Originally Posted by ld111134
I concur. This is fabulous. Is the H&S suit new? I really like the hacking pockets. The Barkers have a museum calf finish, no?

Thanks I couldn't resist hacking pockets, but did resist a ticket pocket. I wanted something that was fairly English looking whilst reasonably conservative. I'm still not sure whether the increased costs of MTM are worth it for me, but I couldn't find a brown RTW suit I really liked.

Barkers call the finish 'Dark shadow' - it's fairly similar to museum calf.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
One love, but were not the same Wednesday:

I think I'd prefer the shirt and tie with a solid suit, but I like all the component parts.

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I don't get this "how he rolls"-thing. "Boring (if stylish)" sounds absolutely great to me.

What I am saying is: IMO Spoo is stylish enough to have those ties (GENERALLY speaking) and still look preety good. If all his stuff fit like crap then that would be one thing (the thing being clothes that plainly dont fit well and look poor) but it doesn't so thats why I am saying it is a matter of taste, or how wants "to roll".
laugh.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally a nice day in the city!

Fit_061610_01.jpg

Fit_061610_02.jpg

Fit_061610_03.jpg

Gotta love freshly shined shoes!!!
Fit_061610_04.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Love that PS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads