• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Men's Eastport

feathers73

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a pair of AE Eastports in British tan. I have to order them. I have a pair of McAllisters that fit perfect. I also have a pair of Wilberts in 12D that run narrow. Does anyone have enough experience with the Eastport to be able to give me some advice regarding the fit of a 12D? Thanks

Scrounger

Reaction score
I wear a 10.5 E in other AE shoes and found the same size Eastport to be unusually tight in the toes. I understand boat shoes should be snug, but I think they're overly so. Shoe trees and wear seem to be stretching them out a bit, but too much effort for the price IMO.

feathers73

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrounger
I wear a 10.5 E in other AE shoes and found the same size Eastport to be unusually tight in the toes. I understand boat shoes should be snug, but I think they're overly so. Shoe trees and wear seem to be stretching them out a bit, but too much effort for the price IMO.

So if you were to order a new pair would you go up in length or width or both?

Scrounger

Reaction score
Hard to say. Length is OK, but if I had gone to 3E it might've been too wide in the heel. The problem is really in the toe area. Guess it's a last that just didn't work for me, maybe it will for you. Otherwise I like the shoe and hope the fit will continue to improve.

mike134

Reaction score
I agree totally. My AE Eastport are very high quality and great, but run a bit small. Shoe trees and wear are stretching them to the proper size for me as well, but got blisters after the first few wears until my feet (or shoe?) adapted. I walk A LOT during the day though.

Since they are recraftable, I haven't decided whether I'll have AE do that, or just outright replace them, since they are not terribly expensive (compared to recrafting services).

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my Eastports in the same size (9.5D) as the vast majority of my other AE's (for some reason I needed 1/2 size smaller on the McTavish and Black Hills). The Eastports do run a tad smaller than the other 9.5D AE's I have. But I usually do not wear socks with the Eastports and I prefer a snugger fit with boat shoes, so it works for me.

I did get some blisters on my heel the first couple of times I wore the Eastports - I'm thinking it was due to the lack of socks. But after 2-3 wearings, they are very comfortable.

Chris

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Eastports are excellent deck shoes.The tan looks even better in real life. Plush leather insoles for all day barefoot comfort and re-soleable. The outer leather is wonderful. I highly recommend this shoe. I wear a 10.5D in most AE models but my Eastports are an 11D for a touch of extra room. They still lace snug enough and I personally won't be using them on a boat.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads