• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think Inventory's price is that bad. And it is a beautiful cardi.

The cardi will cost 118 pounds plus probably 15 pounds shipping. For Canadians that price could potentially go up to $280 with customs.

So it's a $70 markup - not terrible for a cardi that's available now instead of 8-10 weeks when the cold weather will be already over anyways. So you'll be purchasing for next year basically. Unless you're going to wear a sweater that thick and sweat your balls off.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
I'm planning on getting a 3a in a medium gray. Think it will compliment my SNS Herning Stark well.
this one?
2u92w4g.jpg
yeah i want the 3a style but cant decide on color. is the gray a charcoal gray like the one pictured or is it more of a light heathered grey which stark do you have? love mine!

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking a little bit lighter heathered gray. I have a Stark in Navy.

flatfront

Reaction score
Just got my 3a in he post today in red. Wonderful garment, not too long in the arm which is usually the problem for me.
I had a good trawl through Rakuten to decide on style and colour and then ordered away. Customer service is great although everything is a little antiquated on the ordering front. It also pays not to be inpatient if you are ordering from them
smile.gif

bbhewee

Reaction score
Hello

Would anyone be able to help with sizing please. My chest measurements are 47", and I wear generally a 48R in suits. Should I order a 3a or 6a in 48?

Thanks

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking through fit pics on Rakuten, just wondering if the sleeves on these knits are really wide or are these guys just wearing the wrong size? Maybe because of the chunkyness it's supposed to look that way? Looks like a ball... Anyone have fit pics of their own that aren't like this?
13759-02.jpg
13243-01.jpg
13754-02.jpg

Madrileno

Reaction score
I ordered a cardigan a while back.

The website is impossible to decipher, but on the other hand they work pretty well with e-mails.
As far as the size goes, they will ask you to provide measurements and if you fancy a slim fit make sure you choose one of the more fitted designs as well as specifying that you don't want them to add extra inches to your measurements.

I'm pretty happy with my order, but make sure you press them on the delivery, I waited for mine for a long time and I only got it once I told them that if I did not receive it in two weeks I would cancel my order.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Madrileno
I'm pretty happy with my order, but make sure you press them on the delivery, I waited for mine for a long time and I only got it once I told them that if I did not receive it in two weeks I would cancel my order.
Don't do this. I get the impression that they are a very small but very busy operation. Expect several weeks or months for delivery. Don't be a dick by hassling them / threatening to cancel your order.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
yeah, i agree with johnnylaw.

i placed an order for the red knit cap (the exact one inventory was selling) a while back. the process was kind of strange ... the woman i dealt with asked me what i wanted, and once i did she told me that they'll start making it and once it's ready they'd let me know. no money down or anything of that nature. a couple months later (the woman gave me an estimate that it would take this long), i received an email telling me that the hat was ready and they needed my payment info. a week later i had the hat at my doorstep. it's important to remember that this is a SMALL operation, so patience is key.

my overall experience was great and i definitely plan on ordering from them again. if you place an order around july, it should be ready by fall ..

also, the hat ended up being like, $20-$25 USD SHIPPED .. inventory was selling theirs for close to $100. psh.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheweh
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=160091

this guy sold his inverallan cardigan becauase it was too large in the chest. the p2p measurement was 41 inches when he ordered a size 38.

can anyone else comment on the sizing? is sizing down a good idea?

A 41" p2p is godddamn ridiculous.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
A 41" p2p is godddamn ridiculous.

i also questioned them about this when i was considering ordering a cardigan. i was told that the measurements are EXACT (a 44 is 44" p2p), but i had a hard time believing that. they said that it should never stretch, as only low quality knit garments stretch. i dunno, i'd definitely size down if i were to grab one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics