• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

Ry'on

Reaction score
dixonmanor - Your first response is right I believe, they are just hanging out knitting the sweaters in their homes as its all piece work.

That's why J.Crew's collaboration fell through, because Inverallan wasn't able to sign papers on their working conditions etc...

Anyways - I didn't sit there and time the knitters, I was told that by the company, so that's what I have to go off. Regardless, they are nice sweaters.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously thinking about doing a custom Inverallan order.

Maerled charcoal / white shawl neck cardigan with smoke MOP buttons (leather / wood don't cut it for me)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
they don't make MOP buttons that big, homeboy

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I could knit one of those sweaters in 90 hours and I don't know how to knit

i could knit one of those sweaters in 90 hours and i have no hands

DocHunter

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread because I'm thinking about placing an order through their old school site for a sweater and a knit hat. Does anyone have any experience with their site? Anybody have experience with sizing etc?

And their pictures suck. Anyone want to hook a brother up with better pictures?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHunter
I wanted to bump this thread because I'm thinking about placing an order through their old school site for a sweater and a knit hat. Does anyone have any experience with their site? Anybody have experience with sizing etc?

And their pictures suck. Anyone want to hook a brother up with better pictures?

Their sweaters measure true to size. So when they list a size 50 it will measure 25 p2p.

Their pics suck, but I think that's just because they are sizing them like grandma would size them.

This is the 3a on their site:

vy8qb5.jpg

This is the same exact cardi on rakuten sites:

2lkte9d.jpg

2u92w4g.jpg

eu1roi.jpg

2s7fdl1.jpg

This is the 6a that is not shown on their site (you have to ask them about it):
fydd3d.jpg

And you can customize the sizing - it's essentially mtm. And also ask them to change the buttons if you like - I don't like the wooden buttons.

Colors are also not all represented on their site. Best thing is to search the rakuten sites for different styles, cable knit patterns, colors, etc. They can identify any image you send them from any sites.

I'm going for the 3a and 6a. 6a will definitely be navy, but 3a I haven't decided - it's a toss between the charcoal in the first pic or a wicked charcoal navy color I've only seen on a Japanese site.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, I just ordered a knitted cap directly from Inverallan (same model as the Inventory one) and it came out to $35 including international shipping. Plus, they have a wide range of colours. I was told to expect delivery in 2 months.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow r u serious? much better than what i paid

i got my inverallen x inventory shawl cardigan and it is SOOOOO amazing. really heavy knit that just exudes quality haha and its warm

ill post pics later

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
wow r u serious? much better than what i paid i got my inverallen x inventory shawl cardigan and it is SOOOOO amazing. really heavy knit that just exudes quality haha and its warm ill post pics later
Inventory has a huge markup. The cardigan would be about $175 + shipping. They sent me pictures of a bunch of really interesting tweeds that they have available. I can post the pics if there's interest.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow thx for letting me know how much i got RAPED hahaha

oh well i have a red cap and the 6a cardi ... i guess ill get more knit caps in other colors and that 3a cardi too.

show the pics!

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just assume the hyr / inventory / whatever new name in 2011 collabs will be marked up big.

Pictures of the tweed?

Thanks!!

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think the inventory cardigan is that great

I think there are better choices that will stick around much longer

Going to see about a plain jane cardigan, get a hold of some wool samples as I'd get
more than one if they turned out nice enough

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting a 3a in a medium gray. Think it will compliment my SNS Herning Stark well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics