• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Also with all of your expensive weapons, are you as good a shot as Burroughs?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

"God bless you my son, may you go to heaven".

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
Also If you can do JL (famous westren design of shoe name) logo monogram I will pay $9 per shoe kind regards sir

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone? Input? here is the location of the full episode I saw, "setting the stage"

http://www.hgtv.com/videos/setting-the-stage/51475.html

Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Was just watching Selling New York on HGTV, great show-- for some reason, the style of realtor Kirk Rundhaug struck me as having nice soft shoulders, good english heavier cloth/ chalkstripes, wondered if it might possibly be A&S? his style looks very british to me, very well turned out fellow in my opinion.

thoughts?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Anyone? Input? here is the location of the full episode I saw, "setting the stage" http://www.hgtv.com/videos/setting-the-stage/51475.html
Eh, personally, I'm not impressed. Horses for courses, but I'm also willing to bet it's not A&S or anything related. The shoulders are way too straight and there is no drape to speak of. Also, it's got a single vent.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, I suppose that is true. But, in watching this episode, i liked the suits-- and didn't think all of them were single vented, could have sworn there were some double vents in there.

Originally Posted by jamesbond
Foxx, do you realize that you post some very strange things?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
Great suit: great cut, great choice of cloth. I even like the ticket pocket. Not a fan of no-break trousers (too obviously contrived for me), but I suppose that when you walk around and wear them for a bit they do end up resting on your shoes a bit

- B

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
As was William Borroughs, who IMHO, made a grater contribution
to the Literary Canon than that limp-wristed Anglophile.
http://laist.com/attachments/la_heat...0burroughs.jpg

Originally Posted by brax
As was Tennessee Williams.

Limp-wristed or from St. Louis?
devil.gif

Canal Directo

Reaction score

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bill...uhh...Vox, the size of the lapel is a good large size for my tastes

Do your jacket/ticket pockets have flaps...which were pushed in for the photo?

What does it mean by no trouser break?

I feel a creme or tobacco colored shirt (preferably with stripes) would have been even nicer than the pale blue shirt worn in the pics

The pale lavander color of this suit was not to my liking...perhaps oxblood shoes would have looked even nicer than the brown worn

I can't figure out any more nice things to add...have a nice day Bill

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Bill...uhh...Vox, the size of the lapel is a good large size for my tastes

I agree.

Do your jacket/ticket pockets have flaps...which were pushed in for the photo?

Yes.

What does it mean by no trouser break?

I prefer that the hem doesn't go further than touching the shoe. This will produce a small break.

I can't stand pants that go the other way, with rolling breaks. I am more forgiving of that, however, if the hem is cuffless, and if it is is slanted toward the heel.

The world today is plauged more by pants that are hideously long than pants that are innocently short.

I suppose is also depends on what you saw growing up.

I feel a creme or tobacco colored shirt (preferably with stripes) would have been even nicer than the pale blue shirt worn in the pics

The pale lavander color of this suit was not to my liking...perhaps oxblood shoes would have looked even nicer than the brown worn

It's a brown Lesser nailhead from the 9.5/10 book. The ground is gray, and it is the combination of the brown with gray that makes this cloth rockin'.

I can't figure out any more nice things to add...have a nice day Bill

You, too, bubbah.

Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Very nice suit Vox. I actually like the width of those lapels.

I do wish that you'd use collar stays though.

devil.gif

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads