• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
This is a surprise. I believe the limp mode problems on N54 equipped 335/535 cars were mostly caused by High Pressure Fuel Pump failures, often repeated failures. I haven't heard of these type of issues with 328 (N51/N52 engine), which don't share the same HPFP unit, AFAIK. Consumer Reports even rated E90/E92 328 as the most reliable of current BMWs, FWIW.

I believe the HPFP problem is separate from the oil-cooling issue. With oil overheating, once the car's cooled down, it will drive normally again. When HPFP fails, the car stays in limp mode and does other bad things until the pump is replaced. BMWs have had a limp mode for a while now (as many other cars do), and can enter it for any number of reasons.

--Andre

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
BMWs have had a limp mode for a while now (as many other cars do), and can enter it for any number of reasons.

--Andre

This is an homage to the typical owner.

- B

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I saw it in person and looked nice but the hood lines are horrendous and the way it refracts light is even worse. There is no leatherette here they all come with leather I'm pretty sure.

I actually do quite like the previous chassis e63 and thought about getting one used or a clk 63 black series, black of course used as well. I'm just not a sedan guy and a 997s is perfectly fitting for me (gt3 ideally).

I like the comfort and design of the W211 E63 more than the current W212 (which does have more cool electronic toys). The CLK 63 black is probably too harsh on my back. Best thing about the AMG engine is the sound, other than, of course, more torque than you know what to do with.

The 997s are fine but I'd much prefer the 993s if I thought I could live with a greater than 10 y.o. car.

suiturself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
I like the comfort and design of the W211 E63 more than the current W212 (which does have more cool electronic toys). The CLK 63 black is probably too harsh on my back. Best thing about the AMG engine is the sound, other than, of course, more torque than you know what to do with.
If you like tweaking your car the W211 E55 is nice.

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suiturself

But be very careful what w211 55 you purchase. Alot of them have been modded to death by people who have no idea on how to modify cars and just fck with the A/F ratio.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suiturself
Forced induction ain't my style. Methinks the 63 can get one into trouble plenty fast enough. I've heard though that those modded E55s can do the quarter mile in 10.x seconds.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
I've heard though that those modded E55s can do the quarter mile in 10.x seconds.

Would like an Alabaster white E55T for doing this in.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Not a pic of mine, but close enough.
sip-117-albums-g35-sydney-picture26601-baby-1.jpg
'03 Infiniti G35 coupe, Diamond Graphite, 6MT, Brembos, factory lip package, Nissan Ipod integration package and some goodies to make it breathe, "think" and corner better.

Usul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Not a pic of mine, but close enough.

sip-117-albums-g35-sydney-picture26601-baby-1.jpg

'03 Infiniti G35 coupe, Diamond Graphite, 6MT, Brembos, factory lip package, Nissan Ipod integration package and some goodies to make it breathe, "think" and corner better.

This is how I like to park when I'm hanging out with the posse at the local bank at night

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^I don't particularly like white cars for myself, but the E55/63 looks good in white, even in the estate version.

thecentennial

Reaction score
Still got my 62 mini cooper, blue and white stripes, slightly domed left arch after I forgot to tighten the nuts on the wheel after changing it...ping! skreaaaak! Oh ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads