1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

dicking around mostly.

To me the S4 is a better looking car. 2 more doors makes it more practical. What are you going to use it for?

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Saw a beautiful Maserati Grantourismo this weekend. That car looks much better in person than in pics.

3. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

i drive a vw golf
    [​IMG]

i'm an audi/vw addict myself. Gramps had a performance aircooled shop so i have had tons of vw's both water and aircooled. Last project was 69 beetle slammed and eggshell black..very ratrod.

I had a mk2 golf RHD, very reliable..and they look awesome slammed on their bellies

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

dicking around mostly.
    Then the s5 would be a lot of fun. S4 is nice for sure, but the s5 is even better, IMO.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

S5 is far better looking than the 4; I don't know if it's $60K good-looking, definitely not '$60K couple year old Carrera 2 good-looking' but it is alright.

6. Mnkybiznes

Mnkybiznes Member

Just photographically, I think this is great shot.

You know how it goes, I suppose. I know nothing about any of this, really. I bought my Coupe because I wanted a fast and beautiful car that was not a GT like my Jag. I wanted something more aggressive. One of the few Coupes I was looking at had the repro M6 wheels on it, and I thought they looked awesome on the car. Still do. Probably will stay with, as no alternative I can find beats them.

As an aside, I wish you were less than several thousand miles from me, I'd bring you my car for a detail. As a full time professional and full time student, I just don't have the time. I just physically don't have the time to polish out the car for the first time. And I want to so badly. Interlagos is a beautiful blue.

~H

Thanks man. Detailing is just another source of stress relief for me, but one that I get satisfaction from. Kinda like working out at the gym I guess.

7. username79

username79 Senior member

S5 is far better looking than the 4; I don't know if it's $60K good-looking, definitely not '$60K couple year old Carrera 2 good-looking' but it is alright.

S5 is a great car. Unfortunately with the M3 at the same price and the ridiculously good BMW lease rates of late, a very hard to justify purchase.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^yeah, i don't lease anymore anyway

9. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

3's are everywhere. The S5 is a fairly rare bird and beautiful to boot.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

S5 is a great car. Unfortunately with the M3 at the same price and the ridiculously good BMW lease rates of late, a very hard to justify purchase.

+1... and I'd put a set of ACS Type V 20" wheels on the M3 as well. (5)

11. Bateman

Bateman New Member

I drive a Smart Forfour tuned by Brabus. If I had to choose between the S5 and the M3, I would prefer the Bmw M3.

12. xpress

xpress Senior member

Traded in my Fiat 124 Spider for a BMW 5 series with a v8...

Call me a cock, but I love it.
    Well... Love everything but that damn idrive!

13. username79

username79 Senior member

^yeah, i don't lease anymore anyway

Why would you not lease when TCO is lower than buying? This is the case for several automobiles available now, including the M3.

14. jet

jet Senior member

^whats the mf and res for the m3 this month?

15. username79

username79 Senior member

^whats the mf and res for the m3 this month?
    Coupe .00180 (If you use MSDs, and you should, .00150) 59% residual, Convertible 66% residual In other words, they're giving them away.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i dunno, never feel like the car is mine when i lease.

17. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^I'm like you, I'd rather own.

18. brianja

brianja Senior member

drove s4 and s5, can't decide

Tough choice... what year are you looking at in the S5? 2010? Coupe or cab?

IMO, the S5 is a much better looking car than the S4 (which is just not aggressive looking enough for me).

The B8 S4 with the 3.0T is quicker stock and has MUCH better tuning potential then the S5 with the 4.2V8. Also, from what I have heard, the new sport diff in the B8 S4 is great.

The S5 coupe with the 3.0T (like the S5 cabriolet has) would be a great combination.

How important is performance to you vs aesthetics?

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

i dunno, never feel like the car is mine when i lease.

Unless you pay cash, a financed car is not technically yours either.

Me? If it's in my garage and I have the keys? It's "mine" for all intents and purposes.

20. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^yeah, i pay cash, don't like monthly payments, which is another reason i gave up leasing