• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What manner of Asics are these?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody seen these "limited edition" Mexico 66 "phoenix"?
Yes. Interesting, although I personally like the similar "Tai Chi" Asic more. Are you looking for a pair? They go for about $150 around here.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(T4phage @ June 06 2005,09:25) Anybody seen these "limited edition" Mexico 66 "phoenix"?
Yes. Â Interesting, although I personally like the similar "Tai Chi" Asic more. Â Are you looking for a pair? Â They go for about $150 around here.
Thanks LA Guy, I was planning to check both the Tai Chi and the Mexico 66 Phoenix's this weekend... Here they are about Euro 120

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just so you guys know what LA Guy and I are talking about, Onitsuka Tiger Tai Chi "Phoenix" Limited edition:

lupin23rd

Reaction score
Is there an up-to-date list of the styles and such that are out these days?

The official site and zappos don't really seem to show a lot of what I'm seeing in the stores (eg. my canvas beige/brown design).

I also didn't see anything Tai Chi on either of these sites (or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places).

Are Tai-chi's still available and how do they compare to the Mexico 66's?

Is there an official list of all the designs? There seems to be quite a lot of different ones depending on where you go, I'd like to see a definitive list to decide which ones I like best.

On a side note I saw someone wearing a pair of Tigers for the first time today, a Japanese girl wearing the white w/green stripe model (you can see it on the Japanese site).

m

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the white w/green stripe model (you can see it on the Japanese site).
I have that pair - Mexico 66's right? A spur of the moment $25 buy from Urban Outfitters (which I generally hate, but sometimes they have sneakers on sale).

I don't know if all the limited edition Phoenix are on any official site, but I can tell you where you can get them if you need.

lupin23rd

Reaction score
$25???

Damn dude let me know if you ever see that again, I'd take almost any color in them. Of course sizing would be an issue...

m

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Umm, those are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen. Really, I'm ashamed of you guys.

Reaction score
To resurrect this and answer Kent's Question 5 years later, those Flag-inspired sneakers are based on the Nippon 60 which was the official Delegation shoe of the Japanese Olympic Teams at the Roma Olympics at 1960. Basically these are the shoes that the athletes wore when they walked around the track carrying the flag during the different ceremonies during the games. Red was for the female athletes, and blue for the men.

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for that

Thanks for massive epic necro-post too

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
yeah im starting to just accept that

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads