• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
Realized how fucked up SF has made what I think are reasonable prices for things. Was going to purchase an $800 Krane bag until I realized how ridiculous that would be for a 20 year old student...Too bad, was a nice bag.

I'm 20 and a part time student and I feel your pain, BUT I'm still buying that Junya blazer in a couple weeks for 850.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^Exactly, I basically don't have an income until June 28th when I move to the new office, but if you plan and budget well you can manage to support a fairly pricey clothing hobby being a student. I did it for years. If that's your priority, I mean.

What do you guys wear for running shooz?
Sauconys.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I'm 20 and a part time student and I feel your pain, BUT I'm still buying that Junya blazer in a couple weeks for 850.

It's great that you're so involved in fashion and willing to drop a lot on clothes even if it means living a more meager lifestyle, but I hope you're considering your future too. I don't mean this condescendingly, I'm sure you're a smart kid and don't doubt you're aware of your future. But I've done the exact same as you in the past, with aspirations of saving money whilst spending on clothes, but I didn't. I'm now paying for my mistakes of living too much in the moment and put simply I wish I was less involved in fashion in the past as I would have had more money not to mention time to consider and prepare for my future.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Raf athletic trainers My Yoox dreambox is >$6500 at this point, think I need t make some cuts for the sake of reality

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
It's great that you're so involved in fashion and willing to drop a lot on clothes even if it means living a more meager lifestyle, but I hope you're considering your future too. I don't mean this condescendingly, I'm sure you're a smart kid and don't doubt you're aware of your future. But I've done the exact same as you in the past, with aspirations of saving money whilst spending on clothes, but I didn't. I'm now paying for my mistakes of living too much in the moment and put simply I wish I was less involved in fashion in the past as I would have had more money not to mention time to consider and prepare for my future.

Please someone just take this and get it over with, it's too much to leave it just... sitting there.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll be alright xenox, thanks for the concern though.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xenox - I love your insights. But you're either about to ask a girl to marry you, looking to buy a house, or in collection with the IRS. Or in in a reevaluation phase. I did all of them and clothes were one of the few salvations during and after. And now that I'm in a more contemplative place, I realize that looking okay and feeling confident has no comparison. Oh, I'm paying, and I have little to show in terms of wealth or property (or a wife), but re-invention is part of being human. The boy needs to learn that play and frivolousness should never lead to shame or guilt if kept within reason. They need to be priorities above all else.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
nike zoom structure triax
Originally Posted by aeglus
chucks (i like pain)
damn... i can't imagine how much pain i'd feel if I'd worn chucks for the 10 miler I ran the other day

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m

Originally Posted by JD_May
^Exactly, I basically don't have an income until June 28th when I move to the new office, but if you plan and budget well you can manage to support a fairly pricey clothing hobby being a student. I did it for years. If that's your priority, I mean.

Sauconys.

me too.

i'm 21, am a student and work part time. Pretty much zero obligations, therefore i'm enjoying living with zero savings.

i'll probably get sick of it in a couple of years, but at least by then i'll have a sweet wardrobe.

plus i don't wanna catch the bug when i'm 30 and have to support a family. may as well get it out of my system now when there's nothing to lose.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis

damn... i can't imagine how much pain i'd feel if I'd worn chucks for the 10 miler I ran the other day

I currently have a pair of nike zoom victorys that love to eat away at my achilles heels. Was looking at Mizunos and Asics earlier today..

chomeo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis

always had problems with these even though I like their looks alot.

asics for me - alternate between the Kayanos and 21x0 which make my feet happy for long runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads