• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Went skydiving for the first time today!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that looks really cool. I am surprised that the first jump isn't with an automatic cord - that is very cool. I haven't jumpled in years, but I am thinking maybe when my kids are older I'll do it with them.

v1100110

Reaction score
Did my first tandem jump last year. I was terrified about doing it even the day before. Scared until we fell out of the plane, but as soon as we were falling it was amazing.

I don't get why some people have such a problem with jumping attached to an instructor. Yes, it's probably going to be a guy. Yes, you're going to be close to his crotch. Yes, he's going to put himself inside you. Either that or tip them with cash and it's expensive enough as it is.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

myke

dam i just saw this. my palms are totally sweaty watching this, i imagined i was you. i can see all the possibilities of things being messed up , up there.

like when they jump off, what if those two guys slipped and accidentally let you go? dam

crazy but that was great

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
379 dollars ? dayum. hope you enjoyed every cent of that

Can't you tell?
wink.gif

myke

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
thatll be crazy though. it would be like riding Free Fall at magic mountain , but instead of just 2 seconds, you have to endure the pain for 2 minutes

Skydiving looks like a blast. But not a fran of the G. An ill advised venture on "the pirate ship ride" when I was 6 or 7 pretty much ended my amusement park zeal
frown.gif

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
do you feel the neg/positive g's like a roller coaster?

You don't feel the stomach drop like you do from a roller coaster. The plane you are on is already at traveling at speed so you're just changing direction when you exit.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
I did a tandem jump from 14k feet when I travelled round Australia (Mission Beach). Awesome stuff, though oddly I found the more up-close-and-personal heighs of bungy jumps more frightening. The feeling of acceleration for those first couple of seconds is very addictive. If you know the feeling you get from a really fast car pulling away with the accelerator floored from a low speed, that will give you some idea.

My landing was also really soft, like stepping off a low stair. I felt a bit queasy for a while afterwards, though I do tend to get travel sick as a passenger in cars if I don't keep looking where we're going.

You're a brave man to do a non-tandem jump! Kudos for that.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've jumped twice. Each time my I had shakes for an hour after and a massive headache the rest of the day from the adrenaline.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is so worth <$400. omg i want to do that so badly. apparently theres some place in modesto, ca(??) where its like <$250 for a tandem, but i wanna get that package you got. looks so much more badass.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far in my life, the only thing more terrifying than standing at the door of an airplane at like 15,000 Feet and deciding to jump was marriage proposal.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm weird because i never got an adrenaline rush any of the times I jumped and stepping out of the plane was no big thing for me. I remember the first time i jumped. My friend was super-pumped when he landed and I was like "meh."

Overall, falling while rock climbing was always much more worrying to me. So much that can go wrong if you have a weak protection placement, or you smash into an outcropping during a fall, or even just tear yourself up if the wall is not-quite vertical in parts. =/ And you don't have certified dudes packing your backup either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads