• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
830271552_R4PBW-X2.jpg
It's good to see those loafers in the wild. That's one of those unlined Barbera Collezioni jackets isn't it? That was a great model.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swan Song
This Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers boot I picked up today.

I could not resist the net price, "free".
smile.gif
20% off clearance, $25 off card, 2 Reward Cards. And I needed a pair of casual boots.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

What size are they? They look awfully short on the BB website, your pair looks better, yet still like you had small feet.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
New calf /suede spring two tones from Rider!!
smile.gif

Noice.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys -

Looking for brown suede wingtips similar to the C&J Finsbury (would prefer more of a medium brown rather than a dark shade). Unfortunately, neither PLAL or the UK outfits stock Finsbury in brown suede, likely because C&J doesn't make them any more.

Any other cost effective alternatives (short of me spending twice as much on Vass)?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Pediwear has the C&J Swansea, which is a suede wingtip on the same last as the Finsbury.

But it's a derby and on a Dainite sole, so it may not be what you're looking for.

Or the Drummond in Mink Suede, but it's on the 348 last.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Guys -

Looking for brown suede wingtips similar to the C&J Finsbury (would prefer more of a medium brown rather than a dark shade). Unfortunately, neither PLAL or the UK outfits stock Finsbury in brown suede, likely because C&J doesn't make them any more.

Any other cost effective alternatives (short of me spending twice as much on Vass)?

Any love for Alden? If you can't find an RTW option, you could always go MTO w/ Alfred Sargent. Shoes made to their premier level are 10-20% more than their normal prices. Or you could go w/ their new handgrade MTO program.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
^ Pediwear has the C&J Swansea, which is a suede wingtip on the same last as the Finsbury.

But it's a derby and on a Dainite sole, so it may not be what you're looking for.

Or the Drummond in Mink Suede, but it's on the 348 last.

Thanks. Considered the Drummonds, but wanted a less chiseled last. Also not a fan of derbies in general unless they are of the 2 or 3 eyelet variety.

Originally Posted by emptym
Any love for Alden? If you can't find an RTW option, you could always go MTO w/ Alfred Sargent. Shoes made to their premier level are 10-20% more than their normal prices. Or you could go w/ their new handgrade MTO program.

The only Aldens I've seen have been on Leather Soul's website. Nice shoes, but I think also only a derby. What's the best way to check AS offerings?

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
The only Aldens I've seen have been on Leather Soul's website. Nice shoes, but I think also only a derby. What's the best way to check AS offerings?
Here's a nice medium brown pair by Alden. For AS, you could could check out their various rtw shoes on their website. With their MTO program, you could select any combo of style, last, leather, and sole. I think you could even change small details like adding or subtracting broguing. My favorite lasts are the classic 87 and the sleeker 99. I would bet you'd like even sleeker lasts, like the 106. They also have some lasts that are specific to the Handgrade line. Recently I saw pictures of the actual lasts. Beautiful. But I can't remember on which site I saw them... I should be getting a pair of MTO wingtips from their handgrade line soon -- hopefully before I leave next Friday for several weeks in Manila! Of course, DWFII would be able to make you a pair. And he sometimes visits a town a bit north of you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads