• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toe taps

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
not on the toe, but the heels are clicking strongly
smile.gif

I 'hear' ya

gregory-hines1.jpg

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J and EG both indicate that they will not recraft your shoes if you'd had work done on them by another party. However they don't really specify what qualifies.

I think they won't recraft one that's been topy'd. Anyone know if they're OK with the nailed in rubber toe taps?

My 337 C&Js are showing significant wear, and from what I've heard you want to resole before you reach the welt (right?). If you don't for $220 I assume they'd repair the welt.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
I tend to wear at rear corner of the heel and was getting ready to use those curved rubber taps but I am worried that they'll create a bump in my walk, like the feeling of having a big rock stuck in your tire.

From researching the foot since I've had some problems on my heel, I've found that wearing down the posterior corner of the heel (as you claim above) in your shoe represents a "correct" wear pattern. People who wear down the center rear portion of their heel have an incorrect step that represents a problem in either the way they walk or the bone structure in their feet.

Mixwell

Reaction score
FYI, Nick V. at B. Nelson in NYC can do this now for $35. I think this may be a recent development, as I didn't see these available when I went in about six months ago to get a pair of shoes resoled. Below is an attached a pic of the Tramezza Nostros I just had done.

2UFU

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mixwell
FYI, Nick V. at B. Nelson in NYC can do this now for $35. I think this may be a recent development, as I didn't see these available when I went in about six months ago to get a pair of shoes resoled. Below is an attached a pic of the Tramezza Nostros I just had done.

I am looking for a cobbler in the DC area who can do this. I showed the second picture at the following website and asked several shoe repair guys. They all said no.    

http://resh.tamaliver.jp/e125473.html

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2UFU
I am looking for a cobbler in the DC area who can do this. I showed the second picture at the following website and asked several shoe repair guys. They all said no.    

http://resh.tamaliver.jp/e125473.html

Just ship your shoes to B. Nelson - I have done in the past and they did a FANTASTIC job.

ff4marvel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Just ship your shoes to B. Nelson - I have done in the past and they did a FANTASTIC job.
Did you have to email them directly in order to inquire about this? I'm looking over their site and can't seem to find anything specifically related to toe taps.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Embedded Toe Taps for asthetics. I rarely wear down my toes. I use Rubber Taps on my outer heels - which I wear down incredibly fast.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

The toes of my soles just don't wear down. Are others walking around tip toe or something?

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I've always wondered the same thing!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads