• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Impatient for the 80s (80°F, that is) Spring Tuesday:

Borrelli Linosa cotton jacket, 3 roll 2 "sack," no canvas or padding
Borrelli BD shirt, barrel cuffs
Drakes (for A Suitable Wardrobe) tussah silk tie
Talbott silk square
Borrelli cotton trousers
Hermès alligator strap with Tiffany sterling slide buckle
no socks
RL Polo (by Crockett & Jones) Darlton pennies in shell cordovan
Cartier band in plain yellow 18k
Jaeger-LeCoultre manual wind in rose 18k (c.1962)
Tom Ford sunglasses

That is outstanding. Excellent colors on that outfit, B.

artoftime

Reaction score
Raggedy, after an outing in the 427 for a few hours
DSC03798.jpg
DSC03799.jpg
DSC03800.jpg
Jacket - Arnys cotton Forestiere Shirts - Lacoste (FTW) RRL denim Trou - Chimala chino, cut off hem Shoe - Alden suede chuk Strap - Hermes Watch - Russian 1950's single button chrono - de-dialed, customized Shades - Persol 0714 Wheels - ERA 427 Cobra

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet ride and sunnies!
worship.gif
That's a pretty interesting watch, not really my style, but cool nonetheless

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
Raggedy after an outing in the 427 for a few hours

Jacket - Arnys cotton Forestiere
Shirts - Lacoste (FTW) RRL denim
Trou - Chimala chino, cut off hem
Shoe - Alden suede chuk
Strap - Hermes
Watch - Russian 1950's single button chrono - de-dialed, customized
Shades - Persol 0714
Wheels - ERA 427 Cobra

Everything looks great. Love the watch, glasses, jacket. Very cool.

JonF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
WIS-break:

There is something about these first generation manual wind Saxonias. The cuckoo clockiness of most Langes is completely subsumed.

Shortly after I got mine many years ago, Walt Odets penned his series of articles on Langes (he had mixed reaction to them.) The following passage from his first article, though, captures my feeling about it:

"So my first impression, not well consolidated, was of an exercise in pure quality, no holds"”and definitely no cost"”barred. The weight alone seemed to tell you that. I quickly realized that, by comparison, all other watches suddenly felt hollow, like empty cases, like tin stampings with no hint of a movement inside. The Lange was an anvil, a solid lump of a super-dense new element that ran right off the end of the periodic tables. It apparently, had no moving parts"”nothing to compromise the density, and surely nothing that could rattle or click. The silkiness and solidity of the controls"”the stem and date set button"”were unlike anything I had ever touched. In five minutes I suddenly felt that there was something shabby about all my other watches, and I actually had the thought that perhaps I would sell everything else and leave it at three Langes. Three Langes? This Saxonia was a simple hand-wound watch, with simple date, retailing for more than $13,000. But when I looked at it carefully, the cost, astonishingly, began to seem plausible. Had I gone completely mad?" -- W. Odets

- B

Thanks for the WIS break Vox! That is a great write up... and coming from Walt I think it carries extra weight as he's not afraid to be critical (e.g., his infamous Explorer review).

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
fred6006.jpg

I love your description..."raw out of the box". A beautiful suit. Liking the ticket pocket. I hope you will write of your experience with Thomas Mahon.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
YFYF-2010-04-07-RE.jpg

- thank you for adding life to this threak as teh last 10 pages have been utter re-cuts from a bad maria O b-grade pron.. - yes, this is a cuss fart - Just saying..

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rain brings the best light
8-102.jpg

Old world maintenance, very hard to find these days. No hair-dryers, just hot towels.
8-100.jpg

Thanks Jimmy, see you in 3 weeks
8-101.jpg

Now pick up your game GUYS!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads