• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romano martegani shoes

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ranjeev
Fits large by half a size. See post 35 from the man himself.

yeah, I went back and re-read all the posts and saw it. thanks!

does RIDER post here anymore?

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gaseousclay
yeah, I went back and re-read all the posts and saw it. thanks!

does RIDER post here anymore?

I come by a few times a week still......haven't been so many intersting threads recently. I was going to jump into DW's thread where he basically condemned every shoe/boot maker except himself, but decided not to bother. I chanelled VOX on that one. Should have commented on a few of the threads about alligator - fair amount of misinformation/misunderstanding there - but haven't had the time to do it right.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
I come by a few times a week still......haven't been so many intersting threads recently. I was going to jump into DW's thread where he basically condemned every shoe/boot maker except himself, but decided not to bother. I chanelled VOX on that one. Should have commented on a few of the threads about alligator - fair amount of misinformation/misunderstanding there - but haven't had the time to do it right.

ah, didn't see that thread, but then again, I try not to bother with threads that lead to unprovoked flame wars.

anyway, I just wanted to say I think R Martegani shoes look nice. I found a store in town that carries them so I think I might take a trip out there in a day or two and check out their selection.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gaseousclay
ah, didn't see that thread, but then again, I try not to bother with threads that lead to unprovoked flame wars.

anyway, I just wanted to say I think R Martegani shoes look nice. I found a store in town that carries them so I think I might take a trip out there in a day or two and check out their selection.

Good deal - feel free to let me know any questions you may have. Where are you?

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good deal - feel free to let me know any questions you may have. Where are you?

I'm in minneapolis. it looks like hymies haberdashery in st paul carries R Martegani. my only question would be how the different lasts fit, which was answered already (for the 3B last anyway).

divinevette

Reaction score
Our company was founded in the twilight of the 19th century, specifically in 1891, when Pietro Martegani and his wife Ida decided to set up a shoe factory. The historical context in which the company began operating included the founding of the first Labour Board in Milan; an economic and financial slump that led the ministry of finance to propose higher taxes; the government’s resignation and a new premier who imposed a policy of austerity; demonstrations, protests and clashes between workers and police, which resulted from unemployment and an increase in the cost of living; migration from the country to the cities, which stripped the former of its population and caused undisciplined settlement of the latter; and Pope Leo XIII who “offered” Catholics the hope of intervention in economic and social matters, with his encyclical entitled, “Rerum Novarum”. As you can see, it was not a rosy time at all. Yet Martegani’s entrepreneurial spirit could not be discouraged and the staff of theLegnano factory already numbered fifty employees by 1911. Just before World War I, Martegani moved his business to Tradate. After the conflict, the company began a period of expansion both in Italy and abroad (in Austria, Germany, Yugoslavia and Syria). In the 1920s, Ettore Martegani, Pietro’s son, took the helm of the company, whose staff reached 150 in 1926. Working with his sisters and his father Ettore, Romano Martegani founded a new company in 1957 called “Calzaturificio di Tradate di R. Martegani & C. S.a.s.”. In 1959, its name was changed to “Romart Calzaturificio Martegani di R. Martegani & C.”, which was replaced with “Calzaturificio Martegani di R. Martegani & C.” when stock capital was increased in 1973. In 1985, now with 66 employees and a subsidiary in the United States, the company converted into a limited liability partnership and the “Romano Martegani” brand name became a standard of reference for Italian shoes in the USA. These years have seen showrooms open in New York, Hong Kong and Singapore, as well as the company’s hundredth anniversary. After a period when daughters Antonia and Marialuisa helped manage the company, Romano Martegani conducted it up to the present. But in doing so, he has not changed its image or the target group of its products. The common denominator between 1891 and the present is an economic slowdown, which has afflicted us for some time. A remedy that virtually all manufacturing companies are adopting (especially in the fashion sector) is the use of foreign labour. This significantly lowers costs, but also reduces product quality and is causing us to lose our manufacturing know-how. To prevent this, “Romano Martegani”, at the dawn of the new millennium, is looking for new partners, but not on the financial end; rather, we are seeking new associates on the manufacturing side. Manpower is the primary “component” of our products, and quality labour is the “material” that is hardest to come across. Applying over one hundred years of experience in the shoe manufacturing sector, the new company structure of “Romano Martegani” is enabling it to create in Italy so it can excite the world. R.Martegani is basically an old brand, who, under a new, younger Director, is returning to it's roots as a quality Italian manufacturer with an emphasis on classical shoes while offering many other options.
Wow that really is an amazing story. I just recently learned about Romano martegani shoes but I'm really impressed with how old school the manufacturing is. So I'm confused, is he planning on moving manufacturing oversees, or remaining in Milan?

grunberg

Reaction score
I have recently got equated with RM brand buy some chance. I like exotic skin shoes although most people prefer calf and cordovan. So my story of new love about that brand (Martegani) and their exotic items. Some of them rather shy and some beauty in itself which not everybody is ready to wear))) enjoy:

Ostrich oxford shoes in black

Next absolutely gorgeous grey lizard derby, very comfortable last

Next: splendid sneakers in alligator... my favorite

Not loved by many, but very comfy and stylish caiman derby in bordo colour

And my absolutely love....python oxford in grey and blue shades. Top notch for dandy)))

Quality of all shoes is outstanding. I am not expert, but I do not see any difference with carmina, vass, etc.. May be some minor futures there or than

grunberg

Reaction score
I have recently got equated with RM brand buy some chance. I like exotic skin shoes although most people prefer calf and cordovan. So my story of new love about that brand (Martegani) and their exotic items. Some of them rather shy and some beauty in itself which not everybody is ready to wear))) enjoy:

Ostrich oxford shoes in black

Next absolutely gorgeous grey lizard derby, very comfortable last

Next: splendid sneakers in alligator... my favorite

Not loved by many, but very comfy and stylish caiman derby in bordo colour

And my absolutely love....python oxford in grey and blue shades. Top notch for dandy)))

Quality of all shoes is outstanding. I am not expert, but I do not see any difference with carmina, vass, etc.. May be some minor futures there or than

grunberg

Reaction score
New MTO

grunberg

Reaction score
Another MTO by Martegani
They have won me over from EB, Carmina, Vass, GG, and others.

DutchW

Reaction score

grunberg

Reaction score
You can buy them directly from factory. These guys are very warm Italians and ready to help. Official website will help. Or contact through eBay. They have outlet there - outlet Cortina.
They have Blake rapid shoes which in no way worse than Goodyear. You will get tired to wear them out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads