• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
Not to buck the SF trend, but slimmer trousers don't look great on everyone. I tried it on a couple of pairs and while cognizant that my tailor might not be the absolute best, didn't like the overall visual effect it had on me. I'll probably try slimming some lighter-weight trousers for the summer, but then I'm concerned about air circulation (it gets a bit warm here in the summer).

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I've got the same issues (used to cycle, now I lift). I think it's a minor tweak... not necessarily an overall "trendy" slimmer fit but maybe just a wee bit more taper from the knee. Allows room and better proportion as the trouser drops naturally from the butt, through the thighs.

I went this route on my last MTM orders and like the look better. It even convinced me to go with a shorter break and the infamous 2" SF Cuff Â
00ae.png
which, with my long legs I never would have imagined working. I've not found an OTR pair that accomplishes the same thing with significant tailoring. And I am far from getting this figured out myself.

Thanks for the thoughts guys - I shall bear them in mind. Obviously I'm anxious to avoid this hideous mistake:

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
Jacket: Attolini
Square: Attolini
Shirt: Finamore
Belt: Sutor Mantellassi
Trousers: Incotex
Socks: Marcoliani
Shoes: Berluti

Gorgeous fabric and I love the colour combination. Just to stir things up though I think I prefered the pockets on your previous fit...

Originally Posted by gregaz
Epic. MoK gets PhotoBombed by jazzercisers.

They hid behind the trees everytime I walked from the camera, and jumped out as soon as I turned around. I think I caused them a fair bit of amusement
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
-
laugh.gif

- nice colors Squire!

Cheers

Originally Posted by IST66
The small picture story about several days...​

I like all of these.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Kapow!

Invisible Mao & Phat Man hitting the streets near you soon..

I'm not sure whether it's what you're wearing, the post-processing or both, but there's a nice early-mid 60's vibe about this photo.​

Butler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I don't mind really mind bluchers with a suit, particularly with a button down shirt.

Yes - I'm down from a 40 waist two years ago (I put on a lot of weight after a cycling accident), to a slighty tight fitting 38 at Christmas to an almost loose 38 now. Fingers crossed I might hit 36 before the end of the year... I'm trying to do do it gradually in the hope that, that way I'll be able to maintain it.

Trousers and me are a problem - besides the waist issue, I'm large in the thighs from cycling and because I walk a fair bit that hasn't really gone. I've also got large feet - UK 11 - 11.5 and don't like too narrow a leg opening. A complete lack of alteration tailors in the Canterbury/Faversham area doesn't help, although there are a couple of dry-cleaners that claim to do alterations who I haven't tried. With these excuses in mind, I think you're right and and it is time to invest in better and slimmer trousers...

A suggestion vis-a-vis your trouser problem; When you have them finished, instead of cutting of the excess cloth, leave quite bit before sewing it - this adds a little more weight and thus helps keep the lower leg "in order"

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
BB jacket and shirt
bills pants
Cleverley shoes
Brioni ps

Nice - simple, but very effective casual look.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butler
A suggestion vis-a-vis your trouser problem; When you have them finished, instead of cutting of the excess cloth, leave quite bit before sewing it - this adds a little more weight and thus helps keep the lower leg "in order"

Good thinking - I ought to have more of them taped as well. I think to a degree with the lighter weight trousers the effect of gusty weather on the hang of a trousers is more apparant in a photo than in real life.

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
Thanks guys for your comments.

Today

mmm32.jpg

What a shine on those shoes.........

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments. I'll get around thinking about a new camera eventually.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG your picture taking the last couple days has been crazy.
fing02[1].gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
fred24002.jpg

You are making Brooks Bros look good! Interesting array of cutlery in the background. I like the cabinetry, too.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montesquieu
20100324b3.jpg

i

Over the past few days, we have seen many wonderful, eye catching pocket squares. And here is one more to add to the list.
worship.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
[/IMG]
20100324_main-1.jpg

One of your best "classic" shots/poses/clothing ensembles. I like the perspective of the trees on the path. A perfect "vanishing point."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads