• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
tonio, are the collar buttons on the chambray the same size as the rest of the shirt, or are they smaller? I've noticed that in all the fit pics I've seen, people are leaving that collar undone. I ordered one that won't be here until April, but I had a mind to maybe get a tailor to put proper buttonholes in it. Hidden-button collars seem silly to me.

The collar buttons are identical to all of the other buttons on the shirt. Ive considered removing the collar buttons all-together, but I can't help but think placing such a button-hole in the collar would look a bit odd. Could be wrong though. I'd love to see a picture if someone has done this already?

KnowYourRights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I actually prefer a slim-straight fit to a slim-skinny. Are the JCrew vintage slims more on the skinny side then straight?

The VSs are more slim-straight. The J Crew 484s are the company's "skinny" jeans.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KnowYourRights
The VSs are more slim-straight. The J Crew 484s are the company's "skinny" jeans.

Ah ok, good to know.
smile.gif

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
The collar buttons are identical to all of the other buttons on the shirt. Ive considered removing the collar buttons all-together, but I can't help but think placing such a button-hole in the collar would look a bit odd. Could be wrong though. I'd love to see a picture if someone has done this already?

All the buttons on the shirt are the same size and they're larger buttons to begin with. That includes on the collar buttons, 2nd tab collar button, and sleeve placket buttons. I considered removing the collar ones too because it makes the collar look too busy with all those big white bright buttons. It's a short collar anyway so there's really no need for the collar to be buttoned down.

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by baller188
Can anyone pick me up the red chambray in XS or S. I emailed J crew and they are not expected to restock = (

BS. Its one of the most popular items they have and they're not restocking? Please.

dareone

Reaction score
they told me the same about not restocking on the smaller sizes. i agree though. kinda hard to believe since it's such a hot item...

Originally Posted by Guus
BS. Its one of the most popular items they have and they're not restocking? Please.

baba booey

Reaction score
Is J. Crew notorious for playing around with their sale prices? I purcashed the navy Sutherland trench earlier this week for $169.99 with 30% off, now it is still in the sale section but back at $198 and the sale promotion is still on. I could have sworn I have seen them do this with other items.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Clearance store. Also picked up the peacoat for $90.

dareone

Reaction score
finally got my red chambray in today! got a size small and was a little concerned about it being too tight since i wear a size medium in the madras shirts. but i gotta say, after trying it on, the small chambray fits pretty well.

for the ones who do have it, did you notice any shrinking after the wash? if it does, i may have to go for a medium. but by doing that, it may be too big!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Travel. Just understand--I'm not talking about an outlet store. This is a clearance store that carries a mix of items from retail, catalog, and outlet returns and overstocking. So you do have to be careful to make sure you're getting a retail or catalog item. But the prices are phenomenal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads