• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shadrach
robert any other notable deals at the clearance stores?

Not really. It's hit and miss. Just depends on what they have in, and they don't have a lot of any one thing. For example, there were only three Sutherlands and only two peacoats.

They did have a lot of Mcallister boots for only $30 but they were all mostly one or two sizes, 8 and 9s or something like that.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
I didn't see anyone answer this so I guess I will. The main difference I noticed wasn't the overall fit - it seemed very similar to the classic fit, but in the leg opening. The urban slim is much more tapered, and I would estimate the leg opening is at least an inch smaller than the classics.

I tried these on last week with the thought they'd be too slim on me, like the 484 jeans. Turns out I love the fit. Bought one pair and prolly will buy another. They cut a nice profile.

Makes the regular fit look like clown pants.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds like the red Chambray is finally appearing in stores. I'll need to go check it out this weekend.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
call customer service, and they will look for it in XS for you.

Has anyone had much luck finding sizes like this that are lot listed online? I want a pair of those vintage slim wheat jeans, but they are out of my size online. Was wondering if it's worth a call to CS to see if any stores carry it.

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Billy Reid store is awesome, it's like a house inside, smells like apple cider, and the SAs are really cool.

Sometimes they have free fried chicken and they serve bourbon(too bad i found that out after visiting).

The Billy Reid in NYC did not have fried chicken or free likker, just the awesome clothes. And yeah, I'd need two jobs like the current one to dress in Billy style. The sale prices were getting close, didn't have my size in the cashmere sportcoat tho.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to buy my first blazer and pants (would I call it a suit?). I need it for a wedding in August. Will the ludlow do the job? Size XS in JCrew is too small for me in the chest but size small is always too long and the sleeves are usually baggy. Wondering if I should try for an XS. I could also just get a Uniqlo blazer and pants because Uniqlo Small fits me well due to their slim sleeves.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Has anyone had much luck finding sizes like this that are lot listed online? I want a pair of those vintage slim wheat jeans, but they are out of my size online. Was wondering if it's worth a call to CS to see if any stores carry it.

call 1-877-280-2718

J Crew will find it for u and ship it to u

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
call 1-877-280-2718

J Crew will find it for u and ship it to u

Alright when I get some money in I will try that. Thanks!

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
They did have a lot of Mcallister boots for only $30 but they were all mostly one or two sizes, 8 and 9s or something like that.

Dude, you should be selling those here! Colors? At that price I'd buy a pair of 9's from you and pay you hefty finders fee.

saelan

Reaction score
If anyone's interested, I picked up a utility jacket in small (now sold out online), but I don't really need it and it's up for sale. Shadow colour. See my sig.

paulesquire1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Orange Stanton shorts came today. Love them.

i'm so pissed, the 32's i had in my shopping cart came back canceled. recut is for 6/1, shouldn't have waited. i wish the paisley short was 9 in, don't want to get it tailored.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
& we are damned proud of that distinction!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather wear womens J.Crew than those fugly denim/sweatpants pieces of garbage you posted in that other thread, honestly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads