• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This is the kind of question that could disrupt the turtles, and without them, where would we be now?

If you haven't already, read dopey's comments at Lifestyle Lounge about a swell recent experience that he had at the Carlyle.

You could almost time the countdown to one of the respondents, complete with tangential points.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
If you haven't already, read dopey's comments at Lifestyle Lounge about a swell recent experience that he had at the Carlyle.

You could almost time the countdown to one of the respondents, complete with tangential points.

- B

Where do I find them. I always like a good tep-screed.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- ever consider that the angle of photography?
- Trini - your pics are usually distorted (especially your downward PoV of your f/wear) but we can see that the cloth etc is spot on
- Moo - as a budding photographer I would have expected you to understand this basic principle, 2D v 3D
- FWIW I have seen the SC IRL, infact I have it with me to bring back to Gaz. May take a better pic..

thanks

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Escaped Security Guard Tuesday:

[Click gemming-cursed shoes if you would like a larger photograph]

trouser length is spot on

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where do I find them. I always like a good tep-screed.

+1

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the name originally comes from the sacks held by garbagemen as they hopped into the back of their trucks. It has a similar texture, and these people were known to have suits made out of the used sacks.

Aaah ... to have the time to follow all the inside jokes.
smile.gif

This brings me to a theory I have been bouncing around in my head for a while - The Elusive SF Approved Interview suit. For all the talk you see of it on the boreds, I think the key can be boiled down to this: Look good enough at the interview, but make certain you don't get the job, so you can remain at home reading SF all day. Or something like that ...

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday - New trenchcoat - $4.99 from the local thrift - NOS Misty Harbor, wool liner, made in USA.
4401271611_e682e3ab80.jpg
Today - Another day at the office.
4401205083_70980d092d.jpg
4401204853_6c5d7cdbfd.jpg
I am standing bizarrely in this picture.
4401206253_a46895390e.jpg
4401972524_42513e258c.jpg
4401971400_54165943a1.jpg
4401205619_9d7f4cc3d3.jpg
4401206021_9d05e94194.jpg
I scraped my shoe on the underside of my desk this morning, hence the scuffs on the right foot. I've since brushed it out.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Escaped Security Guard Tuesday:

MBTâ„¢ (Mystery Bespoke Tailorâ„¢) 3 hard roll 2 jacket in Martin & Sons 6 ply 16oz hopsack, three patch
BB Black Fleece OCBD
Drakes tie
Drakes silk and wool square
Attolini moleskin trousers
RL Purple Label alligator strap with Tiffany sterling slide buckle
DorÃ
00a9.png
-DorÃ
00a9.png
socks
Edward Green Cardiff in reverse calf, 888
Tiffany Etoile band in platinum
Jaeger-LeCoultre manual wind in rose 18k (c.1962)

- B

You don't happen to have a spare length of that hopsack left, do you? Also, I really like the trouser length and cuff size on you.

But, in my opinion, you are right about MBT and Steed pieces (of clothing, that is) needing to be compared in equal circumstances (light, season, camera angle, distance) in order to be able to fully appreciate the Steed numbers. All things considered, they couldn't be any more different to me. Quarters, overall length, details "” all of these appear totally differently motivated.

My mind could be fooled, though: I looked at these god-damned gemmed shoes before writing the above comment.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I can appreciate a fuller cut but those pants look so full that they're at the point where it almost looks like you're wearing the wrong size.

Or it could just be the camera angle + the colour of the pants.

Who knows.

See my screen name:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads