• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How To Make It In America (New HBO Series) - J. Crew

pokpok

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
here's a link to episode 2: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=E4BYQ4SF i'm kind of enjoying this show.
denim manufacturer in macau...lol. funny how i am from macau and my family know manufacturers there.
laugh.gif

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokpok
denim manufacturer in macau...lol.

funny how i am from macau and my family know manufacturers there.
laugh.gif

I think that applies for anyone from SE Asia

Parachute

Reaction score
I felt like a turd trying to explain to my girlfriend how silly it sounded when he was discussing the leg opening sizes and used 19" instead of measuring across.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I finally watched it. It's definitely one the weaker shows on HBO. The only reason I felt compelled to keep watching was due to the clothing references which was kind of fun. And that whole scene where they meet John Varvatos was as cheesy as the worst celebrity cameos on Entourage!

One has to question if this show is being partially funded by the clothing industry. I've noticed a lot of product references inserted into HBO shows. A couple years ago half their shows had dialog about Tivo artificially inserted into the dialog that were so obvious. Or I recall an episode of Six Feet Under where there was dialog like "Will you pick me up some Windex? Oh and make sure you get the real stuff, those other brands don't work as well".

Shows like Entourage and How To Make In America are the perfect delivery mechanisms for such advertising models, while far better shows like Rome and Deadwood fail to be useful for HBO in this area.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
more quality programming for yuppies to suck up, ftw

YES YUPPIES ARE ONLY ONES WHO WATCH TV.

I just watched all the episodes so far of this show and don't even think it's particularly good, though I happen to identify with a couple of the characters, just STFU about television.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, Lol @ all the ppl who still think Entourage is a quality show.

Worst thing about this show so far is that nothing ever HAPPENS. Also, the ex-gf plot is just going NOWHERE. It's kind of interesting hearing stuff name-checked that I see mainly only on the internet, but that's not enough to tide you over without more interesting scenarios happening.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol @ Veselka and La Equina, Veselka is so overrated.

Wonder when they'll shoot at Max Fish, Katz or Happy Ending.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads