• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Thread

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
There's nothing left to discuss in this thread. We won, bitches!

cloud.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Absolutely, positively agreed. I know Sidney the Kidney is a great player and all, but he was basically a non-facor in this game, and really wasn't that important in the two games prior. Sure he got a really good shot off, but that was pretty much it. There were others on Team Canada (Iginla, Perry, Toews, probably Niedermeyer) who were far more productive in that game and deserve to be recognized for it.

interesting nickname. I always called him Skid. SI had used the word "Gretzky" an awful lot in their articles this morning when talking about Crosby. Really??? Gretzky was in his own world, Crosby is very comfortable within the top-5 in the NHL.

But great stuff from team Canada. I don't get to see Iginla play much, but he was excellent. I think the Olympics suits Pronger very well too.

And Ryan Miller. Wow. End of story.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick

I said Olympic medal contenders. Just because Canada has enough talented players to ice two teams that would be competitive, doesn't make the US any less competitive.

This wasn't meant for you and i was too lazy to find quotes. I'm fully aware of how great and deep the Canadians are. It just seems like there is a bit of an over cocky attitude that I was addressing. Maybe there was a bit of feeling that because the US wasn't manhandled by the Canadians that certain things are said to compensate. I get that it's emotional for many of us so not to take it personal. As much as I wanted the US to win the thought of Canadians having to deal with a loss makes it easier to accept. Both showed to be great teams and a great hockey Olympics was seen.

Originally Posted by JD_May
This is a really stupid comment and you're totally out to lunch. You don't live here and have no idea what people are talking about.

JD from your posts I know that you are a well informed guy. I do find that you are often harsh and condescending when it's really not necessary. Maybe I'm just being sensitive.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Countries are usually defined by their postcard shots. You've summed up the U.S. and Hungary in so few pixels.
no, but what basis do you have to describe hungary as a shithole? the place is cold as hell i will say that but other than that it fairly decent place. you must not travel often.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Look how beautiful this is. It's no random bridge in Budapest, but surely this country must be an outstanding place to live based on this single image of the country. Certainly more livable than the U.S. based on that picture of an alley with a black pedestrian. Am I right?

moscow1.jpg

bBoy JEe

Reaction score
Look how beautiful this is. It's no random bridge in Budapest, but surely this country must be an outstanding place to live based on this single image of the country. Certainly more livable than the U.S. based on that picture of an alley with a black pedestrian. Am I right?

moscow1.jpg

You seem like a sad man... do you need to have ********** touched more often?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's with Crosby hate? He's 22 and for his position is one of the most complete players - and that's saying a lot for a center. That whinner legacy was likely a combination of the hype that accompanied him and some immaturity when he was younger. When he got his first Gordie Howe hat trick, my respect went up for him. Every time I see him play, I respect the little things he does around and away from the puck. When you see Ovie in person at a game, he dogs a lot of his ice time which you rarely see on the camera, but he can certainly turn it on - which is what you end up seeing. I love Ovechkin and I love Crosby. Different players, but deserving of most of the platitudes they get.

Also, is Kane not simply awesome? I'm looking forward to Sochi when we'll have most of these guys plus the new ones like Tavares.

I continue to maintain that Pronger is one of the most overrated defensemen in the NHL. I say that having grown up in St. Louis and watching him and MacInnis play countless times.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. Because the NFL and NBA are filled with people from Colorado, Idaho, Vermont, New Hampshire, Washington, Wyoming, Minnesota and Northern California.

Originally Posted by odoreater
Wow, strong non-sequitur.

It's perfectly applicable.

Wow. Get a brain, moran.

To all the other Americans - your guys played an incredible game. Ryan Miller was spectacular the entire tournament, and you guys may have taken it if he had been a Black Floridian roller derby champ.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
it's because Crosby gets all of the individual attention for a team sport. But who carried the Pens through the playoffs last season and won the Stanley Cup MVP? (it was a Russian).

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sounds liek avery exciting game! didn't these teams just play against each other a week ago?
confused.gif

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
it's because Crosby gets all of the individual attention for a team sport. But who carried the Pens through the playoffs last season and won the Stanley Cup MVP? (it was a Russian).

Malkin was extraordinary last year, but Sid was no slouch. Also, look at Sid's regular season stats since he came in to the league - especially this year. Crosby does nothing to bring attention on himself. If a bunch of half wit ESPN and NBC commentators do so, it's not his fault.

He's played as well as anyone could've asked of him. He's currently not as complete as some of the great centers to retire recently (Yzerman, Lemieux, Sakic, Francis, etc.), but he's 22. Give him a break. He does nothing except carry himself well and do what's asked of him.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
Malkin was extraordinary last year, but Sid was no slouch. Also, look at Sid's regular season stats since he came in to the league - especially this year. Crosby does nothing to bring attention on himself. If a bunch of half wit ESPN and NBC commentators do so, it's not his fault.

He's played as well as anyone could've asked of him. He's currently not as complete as some of the great centers to retire recently (Yzerman, Lemieux, Sakic, Francis, etc.), but he's 22. Give him a break. He does nothing except carry himself well and do what's asked of him.

I agree, I am simply saying where the 'hate' comes from. The media blows it up way too much, "Canadian Kool-Aid" as some like to call it. (but I still think AO is the better player).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads