• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
In the sense that socal looks more natural in his clothes than kix does in his, yes.

Have you ever seen his goth-ninja fits?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
ive never gotten the love for kixselfs fits. a lot of stuff that fits badly/makes him look ridiculously disproportionate, and a lot of flavor of the month fashion trends produce by random streetwear brands.

im also not a fan of the kind of incestual relationship between some of the fashion blogs/brands and i think his stuff represents that. hard to remain objective when you're selling ****..

+1 million. great post. looks like that college education is paying off ben.

Originally Posted by tigerFormula
It doesn't.

Double
crackup[1].gif

So a TB skirt or yellow balmain jeans are natural and not contrived and less costumey......

christ what are you smoking??!?
simple answer, yes, putting on a pair of jeans that has absolutely no color cohesion with anything else you are wearing is more natural and less contrived/costumey than a person that color matches every single piece of their outfit and stuffs newspapers into their backpack.

garmis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Some people on this board make me wanna go Kent State on people.

HAHAHAHA I am stealing that one. For the record I love kixslf's outfits, though I could never pull them off.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otter
you have a totally different structure than me,

you have to avoid looking like a rectangle

yeah only thing that sucks is I'm not going to be terribly aesthetically pleasing if I get much bigger, sucks being a short guy

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
One of your better posts in awhile.

This is a big sticking point for me, IMO ACL is the worst with those silly oxfords.

i think hyrcollective/inventory is a pretty huge joke

half the **** they hype is stuff produced by friends of the writers (hello 3sixteen) or stuff they're literally trying to sell

objectivity is a cornerstone of journalism which pretty much all these ****** blogs lack.

also copy editing...

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
*Talks about Farinelli's*
1. i was always honest when I worked at farinelli's, especially when discussing clothing I liked/dislike. even though we sold brands like nico or apolis I would frequently trash them 2. farinelli's is a clothing store, something inherently biased. inventory is a magazine/blog that is ostensibly impartial.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny how all the people who think kixslf looks more "natural" (whatever that means) lean toward workwear/Americana themselves, while the people who think Socal looks more "natural" also adhere to various high-end designer aesthetics.

And by funny, I mean completely unsurprising.

I'm starting to see why this forum is so fun to troll.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
simple answer, yes, putting on a pair of jeans that has absolutely no color cohesion with anything else you are wearing is more natural and less contrived/costumey than a person that color matches every single piece of their outfit and stuffs newspapers into their backpack.
thank you I'm not saying kix looks bad, it just seems like he puts too much effort into constructing his fits and more often than not, makes the fit less appealing.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Funny how all the people who think kixslf looks more "natural" (whatever that means) lean toward workwear/Americana themselves, while the people who think Socal looks more "natural" lean toward the high-end designer aesthetics.

i own a lot of workwear clothing and i don't think kixself has ever looked good. he's just another streetwear/skater kid who has realized you have to stop wearing brightly colored sneakers and hoodies in your 20s and has hopped into the workwear band wagon.

also he's a good example of how great photography is 99.99% of a fit pic.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Funny how all the people who think kixslf looks more "natural" (whatever that means) lean toward workwear/Americana themselves, while the people who think Socal looks more "natural" lean toward the high-end designer aesthetics.

bingo bango

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For crying out loud, they both look great (Socal's swag, kix's attention to detail). Or they both look like **** (Socal's gheyness, kix's contrivedness/baggy fit).

Man, every time i see that otter picture i think the reason he blurred out his kids' faces is not to protect their identities, but to not let us see that they're crying with pain cos daddy is squeezing their hands' tight so someone on the forum might compliment him.

no hate.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aqhong, I compeltely agree with you. THUS, we must create two areas where each camp can thrive on their own.

Flamboyant Mens Wear

And

Contemporary Men's Wear

otter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
yeah only thing that sucks is I'm not going to be terribly aesthetically pleasing if I get much bigger, sucks being a short guy

its all about creating an illusion

i have an acquaintance who after bulking up looked literally like a fuckin square..he was nearly 200 lbs

solution: i got him down to 168lbs (7% bf) , and concentrated on keeping his waist,especially his hips very lean, as this created an illusion of a somewhat aesthetically pleasing physique

its all about acquiring a desirable shoulder/chest/waist/hips/thigh/calves ratio

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
i imagine that kixself is the type of dude who goes to clothing stores and tries to impress the SAs/show how much more he knows about the type of **** they sell ("uh, I think this is actually selvage denim") while socal just hangs out and smokes weed w/ you outside your shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads