• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wrenhunter
You mean Norwegian as opposed to Danish? Dude, just go to the store or order one.

Ha ha. Would you ever give this as a reason for a return: It didn't go with my skin tone.

a-rock

Reaction score
Just saw a bunch of the spring stuff at the South Coast Plaza store. The red chambray looks great IMO. Sort of like the color of sockeye salmon. It's different buttons than the normal chambrays. White plastic and slightly more glossy than the buttons on the blue and grey.

There's a red and black plaid madras with black buttons that's not even on the web yet. I'm getting one from Staver's latest batch. It's point collar instead of button down and has black buttons. Like a lumberjack flannel shirt but in summer weight.

The sun-faded oxfords are really nice and soft. They have some distressing on the collars as well but I like the fading. I can imagine rolling up the sleeves and with shorts for spring and summer evenings.

Some of the half-lined cotton sport coats are interesting too... I resisted any purchases for now.

Does anyone know if the discount for signing up for the credit card stacks with student discount?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrFaustus
Good to see you back, Robert. The J. Crew thread is nuthin' without yo.

Thank you, Sir. Or is it Doctor?

dunelly

Reaction score
tell me about the cadet jacket robert

i need a lightweight jacket to replace my hoody. How was the faded black, goes with jeans/chinos?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Mmm, I didn't fall in love with the cadet jacket. For one thing, the epaulets seem awkward. Would be a better design without them. The black color may be OK. I didn't like the tan. It's cut pretty short and slim. I found the shortness awkward as well.

However, something very similar, the utility jacket is much nicer, imo. I've worn the hell out of mine since picking it up last spring.

If you want a jacket like this, go for the utility.

seany

Reaction score
I own the faded black dunelly, its an amazing lightweight (with metal holes near the armpits, I guess for sweat). It has a corduroy collar, these secret slide in pocks to put your hands in if its cold, it also has buttons to I guess dress up (button up/tie/jcrew look). I'll take some fit pics real quick and some detail pics of the jacket for you guys. Let me throw something on real quick.

edit: the utility jacket is also a amazing jacket, and I would have bought it at the store when I was there but they ran out. If your size is online, def go for that jacket. It runs bigger though. I enjoy my clothes to fit my body well though, the slimmer the better for me.

dunelly

Reaction score
i like that look jryder, i'm thinking of either white jeans or white chinos as well
my khaki chinos are so bland i'll probly return them

i would get the utility but they don't carry it in xs
pics would be great seany

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
I own the faded black dunelly, its an amazing lightweight (with metal holes near the armpits, I guess for sweat). It has a corduroy collar, these secret slide in pocks to put your hands in if its cold, it also has buttons to I guess dress up (button up/tie/jcrew look). I'll take some fit pics real quick and some detail pics of the jacket for you guys. Let me throw something on real quick.

The utility jacket has very similar details. No corduroy collar (which I find odd on a military-inspired garment). But it does have the armpit sweat holes and the slide pockets. No buttons up the front just a zipper.

The cadet's not bad. I just found it a little over the top, I guess.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
29crxux.jpg

saelan

Reaction score
I really like the look of the utility jacket, but I dunno if I should pull the trigger before the fireman comes out. any thoughts?

also, I'm usually an xs kind of guy, anybody know if that utility jacket would be too big in a small?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads