1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Is J Crew going to be selling Monocle?

2. Razeus

Razeus Senior member

I visited a J. Crew Factory store in my area (didn't realize there was one here). Is there any difference in the clothes there? I bought 2 dress shirts and a pair of brown/honey classic fit chinos there. They all fit great, but I'm wondering if there's a hit to the quality. I bought my girl a nice shirt as well. They had the blue Chambray there for $40 ($50 with $10 off sale) and I'm wondering about the quality compared to the ones found in the regular store.

3. Yarnak

Yarnak New Member

How do the cotton blend cardigans fit? I usually wear an extra small in their shirts but recently I bought a cotton crewneck sweater from jcrew and had to get it in a small.
    Just wondering if the cardigan fits a little tight since I had to buy a size larger than usual for the sweater.

4. Guus

Guus Senior member

I thinking about returning the Cotton Surplus sweater. I like the way it looks but I'm not sure if I have the guts to wear it out. It calls too much attention and it might be one of those items you look back on and think "what was I thinking?" Any opinons?
    Too many pockets.
    I regrettably have decided to return it. I like the design and the era of military it inspired from but I have the mock-neck wool cardigan for the F/W and the Utility Jacket for the S/S (along with a couple of zip hoodies) so unfortunately, the Cotton Surplus sweater just odds out.

5. racknac

racknac Senior member

I visited a J. Crew Factory store in my area (didn't realize there was one here). Is there any difference in the clothes there? I bought 2 dress shirts and a pair of brown/honey classic fit chinos there. They all fit great, but I'm wondering if there's a hit to the quality. I bought my girl a nice shirt as well. They had the blue Chambray there for $40 ($50 with $10 off sale) and I'm wondering about the quality compared to the ones found in the regular store.

yes, there is a noticeable difference in quality.

6. Story

Story Member

30% extra off sale items online right now.

Grabbed a small in that Millerain jacket, plus a few things to top up the cart to get that sweet, sweet free Canadian shipping.

7. hastur

hastur Senior member

i just ordered something on sale two days ago, and it's still in stock... shit

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

I'm about to order a cheap Timex military watch, but one with a black bezel. Will definitely get several colored straps from the crew, and possibly from the other link someone posted as well.

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

What's this about a watch?

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Where does stuff like this Kuroki denim come from? I've never seen it before online or in store, and then all of a sudden it pops up in the sale section online.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...~~~~/11403.jsp

Wish these had been in my size. They will probably all be sold out by the time anyone reads this.

11. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

kinda interested in the Sherpa hoodie, any thoughts?

12. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

kinda interested in the Sherpa hoodie w/ 30% off, any thoughts?

13. xchen

xchen Senior member

What's this about a watch?

Found some Timex military watches online for around $30 shipped. Looks similar to the J.Crew Timex, but a few different details.

14. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

15. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Looking forward to the sunwashed Red Chambray that I just ordered. It said it was in stock, so hopefully it comes soon.

I also love how you can get custom hemming on the essential khakis. Very nice feature.

16. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    returns from the store most likely.

the denim seems pretty cool: http://www.denim-kuroki.co.jp/english/kuroki.htm

I honestly don't see anything special about it. I'm curious what you guys are seeing that I am not. [​IMG]

17. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I honestly don't see anything special about it. I'm curious what you guys are seeing that I am not. [​IMG]

For me, just that it is high quality selvedge denim for a good price. I've liked the J Crew selvedge I've bought in the past, and I am assuming this is at least as good.

I would prefer that it were not distressed; J Crew loves to do that. But I'd take it that way at the right price.

18. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

kinda interested in the Sherpa hoodie w/ 30% off, any thoughts?

I have it. It is good, but nothing particularly special. One nice feature is the inside pocket. Note that the sherpa lining makes the arms really narrow inside, so it's hard to layer over other things, because the arms will be too tight.

19. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Anybody???

Regarding the thirs shirt in the pic, I am pretty sure that it is red, white and blue. The shirt def has black buttons on it but when pairing the shirt under both a black and navy sweater the color matches the navy.

Anybody else seen this shirt in person that can comment?

20. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

is it ok to wear a shirt underneath?

is it true to size?

I have it. It is good, but nothing particularly special. One nice feature is the inside pocket. Note that the sherpa lining makes the arms really narrow inside, so it's hard to layer over other things, because the arms will be too tight.