• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I don't wear suits, I don't know about suits, I post entirely in SW&D, but I have a job interview that requires me to wear a suit (as a foreign language staff in a hospital, if that makes any difference). This is what I have to work with, I bought the tie today because I like it, but if it doesn't fit, it's the one item I can change out The pants are a lost cause, they're about an inch and a half too small for me in the waist, so that's how they're going to fit - they've been let out all they can, so I can't pull them any lower or smooth out the pleats. I need a new suit, but I don't want to rush to buy one, so I'm wondering how managable this is, and if there's anything I can change in a short amount of time. Thanks Men's Clothing forum! Suit is Tomorrowland, Japanese brand Shirt is N. Hoolywood Tie is Jil Sander Shoes are Jil Sander Finally, what looks better? Keep in mind the low angle is slightly throwing off proportions Two button:
rr8bbl.jpg
One button:
2m31czl.jpg

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your jacket is short. Overall, the suit is 1-2 size too small. They're not terrible though, so go ahead with your interview. Either look is fine, one button seems to be a bit better.
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Two button:
rr8bbl.jpg
One button:
2m31czl.jpg

Kill_switch

Reaction score
his jacket isnt too short and it isnt too small. it hits where it should, nothing pulls, cuffs are showing just enough. only thing bad is pants being too tight.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I bought it when I was a size or two smaller both in the chest and waist. I didn't realize how much I had grown until I tried it on before I took the pants in to get tailored It is short, but maybe not as much as the photo indicates either, here's one from chest-level Thanks for the reply!
28wo55f.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I bought it when I was a size or two smaller both in the chest and waist. I didn't realize how much I had grown until I tried it on before I took the pants in to get tailored

I think it looks fine, not too small at all. Good luck with your interview. I prefer the one button myself. Two buttons makes you look like a bus driver.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I think it looks fine, not too small at all. Good luck with your interview. I prefer the one button myself. Two buttons makes you look like a bus driver.
I also think the suit looks fine, seems to be a good fit. One button looks better. Good luck with the interview.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Uniqlo fits well as long as you aren't very, very tall or fat. Shirts may not have long enough sleeves though.

Uniqlo's biggest shirt size XL is skimpy for a 17inch neck and the cut is slimfit. Knitwear is fine for size. Jackets too small. I have not attempted to try their trousers I just assume they would be too small.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Not shot with this, but had to show my new piece of glass.. 50mm f1.1 Nokton - perfect for pitch black photography.. Now where did Betty go..
So you finally sold that kidney you weren't using? Voigtlander FTW!
Originally Posted by gnatty8
+ 1 looks fine to me with one button.
Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx
PG, how much does a Leica M8 camera like yours cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Come up with what you imagine is the highest reasonable price for a digital camera. Multiply by 7. Now realize you still need a lens, and weep. But . . . if you can find one to go look at, you'll want one. They are oooohhh so nice in person. That Nokton lens PG is sportin' is even nicer, IMO.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I have a purple velvet suit in a similar shade and struggle to find looks for it. Part of that's because it's a Regular not a Short so the jacket length is too long for me, but I suspect the bigger problem is that, well, it's a purple velvet suit. In any case, it's good to see you pulling off the look nicely.

A whole suit in purple velvet is kicking things up a notch. Actually I'd probably wear it slightly more often if I had matching trousers (that fit). It's definitely hard to wear compared to other jackets though. Hoping some day to get a velvet suit though because it just gives you a certain feeling that other materials don't give.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
awesome jacket
Originally Posted by Philip1978
PG great jacket!!
- thanks - I liked this cotton bag of fruit so much, I bought two.
- changed out the buttons on one to MOP & the other to brown horn
PG, how much does a Leica M8 camera like yours cost, if you don't mind me asking?
lol. My reason for asking is that I need a new camera and I heard leica (M8) cameras are one of the best on the market. If have surfed different website that sells these camera and each of them have different price tags for the M8. It will be good to know the cost of it from someone who owns one.
Okay nevermind. I believe I have found a site that gives me an idea of how much a Leica M8 camera cost.
- I think you have found the answer. Though beware that range finders are not for everyone.
- also the M8 is totally manual, no autofocus no auto ANYTHING! So get ready for a learning curve
- IMO buy used from dealer that had inspected & serviced etc
Hi, I don't wear suits, I don't know about suits, I post entirely in SW&D, but I have a job interview that requires me to wear a suit (as a foreign language staff in a hospital, if that makes any difference). This is what I have to work with, I bought the tie today because I like it, but if it doesn't fit, it's the one item I can change out
- if I may opine.. They both look fine. Just make sure you are comfortable. Nothing worse than when I interview candidates & they are obviously not at ease.
- interviews are harrowing enough..
- also, unless the interviewer is a SFer (more MC than SW&D) they won't notice.
- good luck
Originally Posted by Big A
So you finally sold that kidney you weren't using? Voigtlander FTW!
Come up with what you imagine is the highest reasonable price for a digital camera. Multiply by 7. Now realize you still need a lens, and weep.
But . . . if you can find one to go look at, you'll want one. They are oooohhh so nice in person.
That Nokton lens PG is sportin' is even nicer, IMO.

- nah.. If I bought the red version it would have been 5X
- CV lens (when one gets a good version) is great ROI. Though I'm thinking that I'm ready for a red dot.. 28mm f2 cron..
- good analogy.. Just as one recovers from the initial investment in the body, the lens is going to be the same. Though IMO one does not need as many lens as one does with a DSLR.. Also the resale on a Leica will in most times be significantly better than most DSLRs

Smudge

Reaction score
NicelyNice,

Good luck in the interview. One button looks better IMO. Have you thought about a shirt with a wider spread collar? I think it might improve the look.

One button:
2m31czl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads