• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
This is a really great page of WAYWRN, featuring both a urinal in the mirror shot and a lurking outside the ladies' room shot. Bravo.

bigstar[1].gif
I never thought I'd join the urinal shot masses (Trini, harry2quinn, et al.) but the lure of my new phone's 5mp camera is too great. And there is no other semi-private place to take photos of oneself, sadly.

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thanks.

Only on teh StyleForvm would this gun club be considered anything but über loud.
laugh.gif

But yes, I'm a little bleh today. Didn't even shave (my face, you dorks)...and that's rare.

- B

It's more the shirt, tie combo that makes the shirt look very "pale", especially in the full shot.

Adrian

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
This is a really great page of WAYWRN, featuring both a urinal in the mirror shot and a lurking outside the ladies' room shot. Bravo.

With all due respect to binge, that is not a woman's lavatory.

It is simply the room at his employer where they store women.

Sad, but true. There's only three of them.

- B

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
489934219_viKSN-L.jpg

I mean, this jacket is challenging.

- B

that tie is
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Far be it from me to hate on your latest fit, but something about the closed quarters of the jacket and baggier pants makes it seem kinda drab.

The gun club fabric is nice, though.

ajv

Reaction score
507460225_Fd2NT-L.jpg

I mean, this jacket is challenging.

- B

I agree with you, about the challenge. I prefer the above combo. But that's only a question of "coups et douleurs" as I say in french.

Adrian

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
that tie is
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It has few fans.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by embowafa
Far be it from me to hate on your latest fit, but something about the closed quarters of the jacket and baggier pants makes it seem kinda drab.

The gun club fabric is nice, though.

May I use your comment to describe something?

This whole issue, if we can call it that, of "quarters" and how open they are gets a lot of attention on StyleForvm. I think that a lot of this is an artifact of the common static mannequin standing shot from the front.

Here's a jacket with the type of quarters that would be most popular on SF:

678530006_tpGKe-L.jpg

Here's the same jacket in motion:

759016217_F775m-X2.jpg

A jacket with more "closed" quarters might look more balanced in motion. How often does one stand still, and how often does one walk or be in motion? Similarly, there are few side shots and back shots, seated shots, etc.

What do you guys think?

Let's say that you don't stand ramrod straight. Closed quarters then become more open automatically.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
I agree with you, about the challenge. I prefer the above combo. But that's only a question of "coups et douleurs" as I say in french.

Adrian

I agree that's better, and maybe better still with a different shirt.

- B

gravenimages

Reaction score
Originally Posted by daniele6
what to do with 28 turntables?
eh.gif

Originally Posted by binge
Just another day at the office...
20100125-1.jpg

Even for the collector/audiophile 28 turntables might come across a tad OCD. Then again, look at me and my tie collection... So, er, nevermind.

More amusing is your loitering by the "ladies" room.
smile.gif

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A jacket with more "closed" quarters might look more balanced in motion. How often does one stand still, and how often does one walk or be in motion? Similarly, there are few side shots and back shots, seated shots, etc.

What do you guys think?

Let's say that you don't stand ramrod straight. Closed quarters then become more open automatically.

- B

What timing with this post, I was just thinking about this today.

I have a suit that I am fond of when standing still or doing the WAYWRN thing. But as I was getting in and out of the car today, found that it opened up to what I considered to be "too much" in the real world.

On the other hand I have a SC that I like but feel that the quarters are too closed when I stand in front of the mirror. Because of that I don't wear it that often. Will have to pay closer attention in motion. Good observation Vox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads