• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Dude you weren't kidding... i received the 7s today and they're both only a half size smaller for a full size down, wtf? These things are narrow as hell too! The PF Flyers are roomier but i like the looks of the chucks better. Maybe they'll stretch out a bit after a bit of wear... i hope.

***ok now actually wearing a pair for a little bit tonight that feel right size wise... they hurt my feet a bit. People werent kidding when they said there is NO support. The PF Flyers have more than this and i didnt think it would be noticable difference, but it is. Now i'm wondering if i should keep these in a size 7 or go back to the 8s and put some sort of inserts in them? What do most of you do as far as that goes?

Can anyone help me with this? I wanna return them by the end of the day tomorrow and i'm not sure whether to go with size 7 or 8 hi tops. I think 8s would provide just enough room to slap an insert in them for extra support but does that even work out well with these shoes? I could prob get an insert in the 7s if they were lower profile like those slim gel inserts or something but i dunno if that would be enough?

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there anything special i'm supposed to do to dress shoes before i wear them in the rain? it started raining today after i got out of class and i want to make sure my shoes dont explode or something.

all i have is a tin of the kiwi shoe polish, and a jar of "Lord Sheraton Leather Balsam" my grandma gave me. it says "Pure refined beeswax in a rich emollient base" on the jar.

cr1234

Reaction score
Yoox question:

I've heard their return policy is pretty good, and that people generally order a couple of different sizes at once and then return them. Are there any restrictions on this (specifically, stuff currently on sale [the sale3, not clearance], or using a coupon code)? I didn't see anything on the site, but am understandably nervous. Anyone with bad experiences with Yoox returns?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
$6 restock fee. The terms are at the bottom of the site

cr1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
$6 restock fee. The terms are at the bottom of the site

Thanks! The terms also state that "any items from Sample and Charity Sales are FINAL". So YOOX has a separate sample sale? [Just want to confirm that I can return an item that's on sale right now, and that coupons don't interfere with that ability].

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
is there anything special i'm supposed to do to dress shoes before i wear them in the rain? it started raining today after i got out of class and i want to make sure my shoes dont explode or something.

all i have is a tin of the kiwi shoe polish, and a jar of "Lord Sheraton Leather Balsam" my grandma gave me. it says "Pure refined beeswax in a rich emollient base" on the jar.

#2 sounds good, but I don't know it. Avoid colored polish on dress shoes unless they're hopelssly scuffed.

Try mink oil, which is a combo wax and oil and sounds just like what grandma got ya. It weather-treats and seals seams, leaved a nice satin sheen when buffed, and is excellent for helping with break-in. Grandma probably knows what she's doin'...

twylo

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a pair of shoes I can wear during the summer when I go out with a pair of jeans. I'll be wearing boaters/JP's with shorts, but am having some trouble finding what I should wear with jeans. I'm definitely more of a sneaker guy. Is there a difference between CP's desert boots and safari boots? (As in, can you wear them the same.. I hear all this talk about desert boots, but I like the look of these safari boots more?)

my-favourite-desired-new-kix-at-moment-common-projects-safari-grey-leather-2009.jpg

I was also thinking about getting these new pairs of Supras.. I'm pretty sure a lot of people despise these, but what are some other high end sneakers I can get away with?

4290247990_06e1a7332a.jpg

eseanyang

Reaction score
Should i get the Iron heart 634s with copper or silver rivets, and should i get crotch rivets?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an online sneaker store that is similar to crookedtongues.com, but based in the U.S. Little help please yo.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
#2 sounds good, but I don't know it. Avoid colored polish on dress shoes unless they're hopelssly scuffed.

Try mink oil, which is a combo wax and oil and sounds just like what grandma got ya. It weather-treats and seals seams, leaved a nice satin sheen when buffed, and is excellent for helping with break-in. Grandma probably knows what she's doin'...

cool, thanks, i'll put some on later.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
****** quality. Too shiny.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Do CPs come in 38s? I'm normally a 39 and I was hoping they made the Officer Combat Boot in a 38 lol ;;;

tylercwhite

Reaction score
First post, been lurking for a couple days. Trying to graduate from my tshirt, hoodie, and bootcut jeans wardrobe. Problem is I'm literally broke as hell so I've got to start cheap. Anyways... any opinions on these shoes?

4h9o2u.jpg

and

1q5q9g.jpg

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics