• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
01-2.jpg

The turtle neck sweater is sharp. Even in the snow, you manage to keep your shoes clean and polished! Reservoir Dogs??????
laugh.gif

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Resevoir Dogs??????

My guess is he is listening to either the soundtrack for the movie or the song 'Stuck in the Middle With You' by the Steve Miller Band which is commonly referred to as 'the Reservoir Dogs song'.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
And, yes, I also thought it was TC at first glance! TC - where are you, man?? You gonna stand for this???

I actually thought both combos were grand, and I'm flattered by the reported cases of mistaken identity. Sorry, I haven't been posting because I've been wearing boring sweaters, office pants and overcoats every day for the past month in this unusually cold Houston winter. I can't remember the last time I wore a tie, pocket square or even proper jacket for that matter.
frown.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Very nice. Subdued but interesting. Shibumi.
Also, what shoes are that? I like the shade of suede.

Thank you, Sander. C&J Belgrave in Polo Brown.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The primary application of the photos is for an audience that is very suspicious of any form ostentation in clothing. They like hopsack, though. - B
You certainly blend into the background. Everyone likes hopsack, c'mon. I dont think a single well dressed man in the history of the world has ever been without a hopsack suit, the more open the weave, the better. This has never been truer than now. In 50 years time, this will be known as the great hopsack suit age. I am reminded that even as we speak, clothes making sweat shops all over the third world are referring to suits as "Hopsacks".

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Thank you, Sander. C&J Belgrave in Polo Brown.

That's a... punched cap-toe, right? Beautiful shoe. They seem lighter in your photos than in most I've seen... would you say that the colours are represented adequately?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
That's a... punched cap-toe, right? Beautiful shoe. They seem lighter in your photos than in most I've seen... would you say that the colours are represented adequately?

Thank you. Yes, punched cap-toe. Maybe a bit lighter, but I used natural light for the pictures. Other pictures.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
My guess is he is listening to either the soundtrack for the movie or the song 'Stuck in the Middle With You' by the Steve Miller Band which is commonly referred to as 'the Reservoir Dogs song'.

Oh, I am aware of the songs. I was just chuckling at the choice.

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AThingForCashmere
IST66: Sharp look! Can we get details on that turtleneck?
Thank you! Brunello Cucinelli turtleneck

The turtle neck sweater is sharp. Even in the snow, you manage to keep your shoes clean and polished! Reservoir Dogs??????
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jobro

Oh, I am aware of the songs. I was just chuckling at the choice.
Yes, it`s soundtrack. Tarantino. @Reservoir Dogs@ (1992) .

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Warning: inadvertent (and deliberate) GQ poses

img1950m.jpg
img1954vr.jpg

Cucinelli jacket
Truzzi shirt
Borrelli green cords
Sam Hober Irish poplin tie
C&J Westfields
no PS

zorglubb

Reaction score
New year's eve, fireworks for $2000 so 2009 was succesfully blown away
laugh.gif

pc310078f.jpg

Me and my grandma

-13°C and alot of snow thats how we like it during the christmas holidays
smile.gif

pc290012j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads