• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
I love the Max Payne games. Unlike most shooters, the story is engaging and the characters memorable.
Me too. Can't wait until Max Payne 3 comes out. My sister got me Max Payne (the movie) on Blu-Ray for Christmas. Man, what a downer.
facepalm.gif
Beyond "Hitman", I can't think of any video game that was made into a halfway decent movie.

Dentata

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
I can't think of any video game that was made into a halfway decent movie.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beyond "Hitman", I can't think of any video game that was made into a halfway decent movie.

Not technically based on a video game, but Final Fantasy Spirits Within is alright. Or at least, so I thought.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Just got Spirit Tracks this morning. Have played about 90 minutes. The game is fun so far. The graphics are nice.... animation is in the same style as Phantom Hourglass but better, IMO. Only thing I dislike is that the stylus is the only control-- but that might be b/c I have a DS and not a DS Lite
lol8[1].gif
. Anyway, I like how it's obviously a Zelda game but there are big storyline differences. However, they make a couple funny/whimsical tips of the hat toward the old games, like when Link is dressed as a "new recruit" at the castle and it's actually the old green tunic from games past. That kind of stuff is fun. This may be nitpicky, but I don't like how they made Zelda herself super girly. Like how she is only worried about the demon using her body as his own and how she talks about hating the rats... I dunno.

Phanton hourglass only controlled with the stylus as well. I kinda don't like having to blow into the mic to play the flute because it's embarrassing when i'm playing on the airplane haha. Only about as far as you. Fun though. I liked phantom hourglass but it was a bit too easy and i didn't like the boat thing that much. Hopefully future dungeons will be cool

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dentata
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

This one was memorable for me:

mickey711

Reaction score
Me too. Can't wait until Max Payne 3 comes out. My sister got me Max Payne (the movie) on Blu-Ray for Christmas. Man, what a downer.
facepalm.gif

Another aspect I really liked about the games were the graphic novel-esque cutscenes. I can't believe I pre-ordered the movie. It was a complete disappointment...
frown.gif
Stranglehold was touted as a next-gen Max Payne, so I eagerly waited for its release, only to be let down within the first hour or so of playing it. The gameplay was extremely repetitive, and the story was nowhere near as engaging as Max Payne's, just a generic tale of revenge that bordered on the ridiculous (even for a John Woo story). Here's hoping that Max Payne 3 will live up to the hype.
I can't think of any video game that was made into a halfway decent movie.
Super Mario Bros.?

Brian SD

Reaction score
To the two dudes above who fail massively at embedding videos, the embed directions are right there in the little box it creates:

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
This one was memorable for me:

Fixed my fail

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tetris: The Movie

In all seriousness, I guess a "good" video game movie is subjective. These are the ones I've enjoyed.

Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Dead or Alive
Hitman
Final Fantasy: TSW

Looking forward to Prince of Persia and Bioshock.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone planning on picking up Bayonetta?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
As usual, TS is right. Mortal Kombat movie was awesome.

A: Bridgette Wilson was hot.
B: Christopher Lambert in another role he has no business being in.
C: The song will probably live on forever.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Looking forward to Prince of Persia

Yessir

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Anyone planning on picking up Bayonetta?

Just when I thought I was sick of Devil May Cry, this actually looks pretty goddamn awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads