Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Dentata

Dentata Senior member

Cuz they are all 14 yo kids from Indiana.

2. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Demon's Souls is taking up all of my free time these days. It's punishing and one of the hardest games I have ever played, but I'll be damned if it's not just plain addictive.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I'm enjoying the new Forza game.

4. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I'm enjoying the new Forza game.

I was loving it for about a month solid, and then, I suddenly lost interest. The races became too long, and you had to be really focused, cars got a little out of my skill level and I just lost interest. I still pick it up, but just for a quick burn. It's a great game, I guess I'm just not dedicated enough.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Borrowing my friend's Metal Gear Solid 4 and went to try MGS Online, and it just quits back to the PS3 menu... anyone know what is going on? Are the servers down or am I configured wrong or something?

6. DBowers

DBowers Senior member

I'm enjoying the CSI game my gf bought for her Nintendo DS.

7. j

Borrowing my friend's Metal Gear Solid 4 and went to try MGS Online, and it just quits back to the PS3 menu... anyone know what is going on? Are the servers down or am I configured wrong or something?
    Hailp!

8. r...

r... Senior member

Hey J, Are you able to get online with any other game? I can get my hands on a copy to check if its a reoccuring issue but that wont happen till later today. Edit: Here is the official site http://www.konami.jp/mgo/us/hd/age.php Once in there are some post about maintenance to the servers. Gotta get a Konami ID as well to play online. Hope that helps.

9. thewallychamp

thewallychamp Senior member

Demon's Souls is taking up all of my free time these days. It's punishing and one of the hardest games I have ever played, but I'll be damned if it's not just plain addictive.

im really considering trying this game.. but im just not sure man, im just not sure.

10. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Pixeljunk Shooters is more like Monsters than Eden; water/lava effects are nice but the game is not unique like Eden. I'm actually disappointed by it.

Really? What are you most let down by? I'm a huge PixelJunk fan, enjoy them all (except Racers) and most anything Q-Games, and Shooter is actually my favourite. I've loved it so much I've been going back and getting all the jewels/saving all the dudes before finishing the next area because I "don't want it to end". Certainly a good deal more trad than Eden, but I think it's their most polished effort. I hope they do an Encore edition.

I got a DSi for Christmas. Flipnote Studio is purrfect. Downloaded a few Art Style games and, they were enjoyable, but struck me as throwaway.

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

Really? What are you most let down by? I'm a huge PixelJunk fan, enjoy them all (except Racers) and most anything Q-Games, and Shooter is actually my favourite. I've loved it so much I've been going back and getting all the jewels/saving all the dudes before finishing the next area because I "don't want it to end". Certainly a good deal more trad than Eden, but I think it's their most polished effort. I hope they do an Encore edition.

The game is polished, agreed. But I've spent so much time on Everyday Shooter and Geometry Wars that I think I'm burnt out on two-stick shooters (even though PJ Shooter isn't "two-stick," technically).

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Hailp!

The configuration for MGO is a bullshit process, or at least it was when I did it. I had to make a separate account for Konami's site in addition to the normal PSN account.

Anyway I've played MGO quite a bit and never had that problem. There's no error message, it just goes straight to the XMB?

13. Helix

Helix Senior member

Steam holiday sale is awesome. Just picked up Max Payne 1 &2 for 4 bucks.

14. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

The game is polished, agreed. But I've spent so much time on Everyday Shooter and Geometry Wars that I think I'm burnt out on two-stick shooters (even though PJ Shooter isn't "two-stick," technically).
    I understand, and on that note Everyday Shooter has kind of ruint me on the Robotron-esque "arena" twin-stick shooters. Away from that now, and hopefully the tower defense downloadable fad'll give way to a glut of platformers after Fez comes out in a few months. Edit: Totally agreed re: the Steam sale. Went a little overboard with Christmas presents this year so I'm poor(er), but picked up $5 Torchlight so far.

15. j

The configuration for MGO is a bullshit process, or at least it was when I did it. I had to make a separate account for Konami's site in addition to the normal PSN account.

Anyway I've played MGO quite a bit and never had that problem. There's no error message, it just goes straight to the XMB?

Yes, no error message at all. I will try signing up for a Konami account since I can't remember my old one. All the other online functions work fine as far as I can tell.