• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm warming up to the lower roll. I've got two gray DBs, this is the super 110s from harrisons - also have a flannel from smiths.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I'm warming up to the lower roll. I've got two gray DBs, this is the super 110s from harrisons - also have a flannel from smiths.

Nice suit even if double breasted are not my cup of tea.

killercadi

Reaction score
That is a very nice DB. Can you get fitted from beginning to end in New York for a suit?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Nice suit even if double breasted are not my cup of tea.
For years I felt that way about double breasted suits myself ... but I've changed my mind. That's not to suggest that you too will change yours one day ... but ...

I like the suit. Keep posting!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by killercadi
That is a very nice DB. Can you get fitted from beginning to end in New York for a suit?
You can, yes. Though I would argue a trip to Naples should be in the cards - you'll want to deal directly with the folks making your clothes.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy both your clothes on their own and how you put together your outfits, whnay. You do yourself a disservice with the photography. I'd love to see some of your outfits with better pictures, so we can really appreciate everything.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
I always enjoy both your clothes on their own and how you put together your outfits, whnay. You do yourself a disservice with the photography. I'd love to see some of your outfits with better pictures, so we can really appreciate everything.
+1 ... Post more and better photos. If it's not too cold ... perhaps you could take a few outside ... in good lighting. Your part of Atlanta has such a truly beautiful out-of-doors!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This picture was taken with my iphone just before I left for dinner with friends. I'm heading to London in a few weeks to pick up a large order from LH. I'll be sure to take good pictures.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Bill, are the shoulders going to "drop" or are they staying that way (have a mental block about the name of the fabric rolled up a bit at the sleevehead). Also, is the pic angle making the peaks look higher than they really are?

Peaks look a lot higher due to the angle. Not sure what your asking up front?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look wonderfully even with the no-so-good picture, take another one outdoor with a proper camera.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Peaks look a lot higher due to the angle. Not sure what your asking up front?

the sleevehead, what's it called,the fabric roll?? jeez, can't believe I forgot. Just wondering if that will go away and the shoulders more natural. I guess what I am asking is are the shoulders spalla camicia or are they "regular"

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
suits have a roll, sportjackets from now on will have shirt sleeves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads