• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
^^^ No worries, 4183 is the correct tag number.

Thanks. I got them for a pretty good price ($130) and the tags are dated 07. I guess they're from the first season J Crew rolled these out.

chethondo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any of the J.Crew Irish Setters? Thoughts on those? I've got a friend who absolutely hates them because J.Crew has taken all of his favorite things and made them easy for other people to get. I think they look great - granted their probably overpriced. What do you think of those? I'd buy a straight up pair of 877s if I could get my hands on some but they're hard to find.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chethondo
Does anyone have any of the J.Crew Irish Setters? Thoughts on those? I've got a friend who absolutely hates them because J.Crew has taken all of his favorite things and made them easy for other people to get. I think they look great - granted their probably overpriced. What do you think of those? I'd buy a straight up pair of 877s if I could get my hands on some but they're hard to find.

your friend is a db. 877's are not hard to find at all there is plenty of pairs on ebay. J. crew's are just 877's that have been roughed up. If you get the 877's and wear them for a week or two they will be J.crew's sans $150.

chethondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
your friend is a db. 877's are not hard to find at all there is plenty of pairs on ebay. J. crew's are just 877's that have been roughed up. If you get the 877's and wear them for a week or two they will be J.crew's sans $150.

Total db.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chethondo
Total db.

btw the ones on ebay are $130 but they say factory seconds... pro. wouldnt worry too much about that for the price

CEE88

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger & picked up the Rugged Classics through J.Crew. Sized down one half size. I wore them several hours yesterday and a little bit today and experienced no adverse scraping or rubbing. In fact, the leather seemed to get pliable fairly quickly (but the sole remains stiff). My favorite purchase in 2009. Happy New Year!

Peon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mbrand
Has anybody ever ordered from http://www.classicredwingshoes.co.uk/
Are they Legit ?

Do not order from this website
Ordered on November 13th, just received my package today last day of december (and im living in Europe).
-15 days to update my order status and tell me the size i ordered was not available anymore.
-Really painful to contact them as they answer your emails within 15days...
-Received a size 11 instead of a size 10
-Mink oil were missing while i ordered it and paid for it.

Very bad
eh.gif

Peon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coffee
How do you feel about Red Wing Wabasha collection shoes in terms of styling and durability?

Models: http://www.classicredwingshoes.co.uk...sha-collection

I need a pair of boots for winter and I´ve been thinking of either getting the 7-eyelet wabasha boots or classic 875.

Do not order from this website
Ordered on November 13th, just received my package today last day of december (and im living in Europe).
-15 days to update my order status and tell me the size i ordered was not available anymore.
-Really painful to contact them as they answer your emails within 15days...
-Received a size 11 instead of a size 10
-Mink oil were missing while i ordered it and paid for it.

Very bad
eh.gif

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh I love my Redwings. Will post some pics of them after heavy, heavy wear for the past 2 years soon.

Creasybear

Reaction score
Got the J Crew rugged classics for Christmas and I love'em.

Quick question: will the leather insoles in these boots mold to my feet after a while, or should I just get this . . .

96386-m.jpg

http://www.hanksclothing.com/red_win...soles_buy.html

I know J Crew explicitly says the Iron Ranger has "leather insole that molds to your foot as you wear it," but that feature was never in the description for my rugged classics. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Rugged classic and the Iron Ranger have the same insole or not.

Also, is it the leather that molds or the cork underneath the insole, like Birkenstocks?

pingsc

Reaction score
I've got both (my rugged classics aren't the J. Crew colab, but that shouldn't affect the insole). The insole looks a bit different, but is definitely the same type as the IR.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics