Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

^^^ No worries, 4183 is the correct tag number.

2. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

^^^ No worries, 4183 is the correct tag number.

Thanks. I got them for a pretty good price ($130) and the tags are dated 07. I guess they're from the first season J Crew rolled these out.

3. Riio

Riio Senior member

do you guys know if ordering in wide sizes noticeably changes the shape of the shoe? i ended up returning a pair of 8EE iron rangers that looked like ass on me.

4. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any of the J.Crew Irish Setters? Thoughts on those? I've got a friend who absolutely hates them because J.Crew has taken all of his favorite things and made them easy for other people to get. I think they look great - granted their probably overpriced. What do you think of those? I'd buy a straight up pair of 877s if I could get my hands on some but they're hard to find.

5. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Does anyone have any of the J.Crew Irish Setters? Thoughts on those? I've got a friend who absolutely hates them because J.Crew has taken all of his favorite things and made them easy for other people to get. I think they look great - granted their probably overpriced. What do you think of those? I'd buy a straight up pair of 877s if I could get my hands on some but they're hard to find.

your friend is a db. 877's are not hard to find at all there is plenty of pairs on ebay. J. crew's are just 877's that have been roughed up. If you get the 877's and wear them for a week or two they will be J.crew's sans $150.

6. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

your friend is a db. 877's are not hard to find at all there is plenty of pairs on ebay. J. crew's are just 877's that have been roughed up. If you get the 877's and wear them for a week or two they will be J.crew's sans $150.

Total db.

7. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Total db.

btw the ones on ebay are $130 but they say factory seconds... pro. wouldnt worry too much about that for the price

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I finally pulled the trigger & picked up the Rugged Classics through J.Crew. Sized down one half size. I wore them several hours yesterday and a little bit today and experienced no adverse scraping or rubbing. In fact, the leather seemed to get pliable fairly quickly (but the sole remains stiff). My favorite purchase in 2009. Happy New Year!

9. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

10. Peon

Peon Well-Known Member

Has anybody ever ordered from http://www.classicredwingshoes.co.uk/
    Are they Legit ?

Do not order from this website
    Ordered on November 13th, just received my package today last day of december (and im living in Europe).
    -15 days to update my order status and tell me the size i ordered was not available anymore.
    -Really painful to contact them as they answer your emails within 15days...
    -Received a size 11 instead of a size 10
    -Mink oil were missing while i ordered it and paid for it.

Very bad[​IMG]

11. Peon

Peon Well-Known Member

How do you feel about Red Wing Wabasha collection shoes in terms of styling and durability?

Models: http://www.classicredwingshoes.co.uk...sha-collection

I need a pair of boots for winter and I´ve been thinking of either getting the 7-eyelet wabasha boots or classic 875.

Do not order from this website
    Ordered on November 13th, just received my package today last day of december (and im living in Europe).
    -15 days to update my order status and tell me the size i ordered was not available anymore.
    -Really painful to contact them as they answer your emails within 15days...
    -Received a size 11 instead of a size 10
    -Mink oil were missing while i ordered it and paid for it.

Very bad[​IMG]

12. Fiddy

Fiddy Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with Red Wing's Leather Protector?

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Ahh I love my Redwings. Will post some pics of them after heavy, heavy wear for the past 2 years soon.

14. Creasybear

Creasybear Member

Got the J Crew rugged classics for Christmas and I love'em.

Quick question: will the leather insoles in these boots mold to my feet after a while, or should I just get this . . .

[​IMG]

http://www.hanksclothing.com/red_win...soles_buy.html

I know J Crew explicitly says the Iron Ranger has "leather insole that molds to your foot as you wear it," but that feature was never in the description for my rugged classics. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Rugged classic and the Iron Ranger have the same insole or not.

Also, is it the leather that molds or the cork underneath the insole, like Birkenstocks?

15. pingsc

pingsc Well-Known Member

I've got both (my rugged classics aren't the J. Crew colab, but that shouldn't affect the insole). The insole looks a bit different, but is definitely the same type as the IR.