• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
atta cynical jaded fruit

hey, i got lucky and got a job working with one of my greatest passions, and it was due to that passion i got the job in the first place. however, to say anyone can achieve their dreams with enough motivation is to trivialize the plights of people who are in a situation that will never allow them to do so

ryannn

Reaction score
I was reading the SuFu thread and was wondering if the jeans will be made with sanforized or unsanforized denim? Don't think that was asked.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the most traditional kind of sanforized denim, I suppose some might say...
wink.gif
wink.gif
Should mitigate some of the sizing/stretching unknowns and I'll tag them all true to waistband size.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
the most traditional kind of sanforized denim, I suppose some might say...
wink.gif
wink.gif
Should mitigate some of the sizing/stretching unknowns and I'll tag them all true to waistband size.

That's opening a can of worms, dude.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah I know, but they will measure out right in the waistband, from button back to button hole, the tagged size, and I hope people can spend the 20 seconds to take a tape measure to whatever part of their body they plan to wear the jeans on and figure out what size they will need; probably sizing down one to accomodate stretching (soft people can probably say TTS since they stretch on the waistbands less, actually; it's the skinny people with hard hipbones and no fat in their abdomens that stretch out their jeans the most by sitting down... There's only gonna be one fit, and they're not for everyone by any means.

I plan to make them in the same place where Junya MAN, NN, Sosu, Bedwin, etc, plus a lot of repros are made, so quality should be legit.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
no, it was late. Good thing though, I am knee deep in varsity jackets right now and they are literally giving me a headache; somehow i've migrated to the computer where I am talking about the things that are giving me a headache. I don't think there's an escape.

ryannn

Reaction score
Oh but there is, I think you forgot about Fuel Star. Anyways joking aside, do you ever sleep or what?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Those shirts are late btw, those are spposed to finally come to me by 2pm tomorrow, so they're getting released a day late.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're doing denim, you should do a nice denim jacket also!! Classic details but slimmer and slightly longer than the traditional repros. Type II pockets IMO!!

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yeah I know, but they will measure out right in the waistband, from button back to button hole, the tagged size, and I hope people can spend the 20 seconds to take a tape measure to whatever part of their body they plan to wear the jeans on and figure out what size they will need; probably sizing down one to accomodate stretching (soft people can probably say TTS since they stretch on the waistbands less, actually; it's the skinny people with hard hipbones and no fat in their abdomens that stretch out their jeans the most by sitting down... There's only gonna be one fit, and they're not for everyone by any means. I plan to make them in the same place where Junya MAN, NN, Sosu, Bedwin, etc, plus a lot of repros are made, so quality should be legit.
Not that I doubt your expertise, but just a reminder to be mindful of the difference between 15" laid flat and a 30" waist, as well as how high/low people wear them (hips might be 2" wider whilst upper waist might be 2" thinner). I have a 28" waist and usually wear a 14.5" waist laid flat pants/jeans.
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
hey, i got lucky and got a job working with one of my greatest passions, and it was due to that passion i got the job in the first place. however, to say anyone can achieve their dreams with enough motivation is to trivialize the plights of people who are in a situation that will never allow them to do so
See fuel star thread + my damn sig.

TransparentCranium

Reaction score
Tagging everything true to measurements leaves the onus on the buyer to figure out their size. Measure wherever you want to wear the jeans and order that size. It's not a hard thing to do.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Not that I doubt your expertise, but just a reminder to be mindful of the difference between 15" laid flat and a 30" waist, as well as how high/low people wear them (hips might be 2" wider whilst upper waist might be 2" thinner). I have a 28" waist and usually wear a 14.5" waist laid flat pants/jeans.

See fuel star thread + my damn sig.

Your discrepency in all likelihood comes from whether or not the waist is aligned moreso than that they're measured flat

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Your discrepency in all likelihood comes from whether or not the waist is aligned moreso than that they're measured flat

I know xenox didn't read my post above because he was preparing his next internet treatise, but the jeans waistbands from button back to hole on the interior waistband will measure whatever I say they will, as will all of the other measurements (they will be taken all over the jeans) so its not gonna be too hard to figure out, even for Xenox. (Cue Xenox and his inevitable rebuttal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads