• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
FORWARD by Revolve has a bunch of things marked down included Rachel Comey's. I snagged a pair of the Gellager moccasin inspired shoes thinking I can remove the ugly looking tassel. We'll see how it looks.

Would have snagged this if not for the hideous pink around the ankle...WHY RC, WHY?!

That pink ankle is a mystery to me too, too bad because I like the shape of the model better than the other derbies (Derringer/Duncan/wathevs...). I've been meaning to cop the Gellager (the tassels make those shoes man, don't remove it !) how much did you end up sizing down ?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
How does it fit? I haven't seen a clear fit pic.
No idea, other than the fit pics and measurements on Context.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
That pink ankle is a mystery to me too, too bad because I like the shape of the model better than the other derbies (Derringer/Duncan/wathevs...). I've been meaning to cop the Gellager (the tassels make those shoes man, don't remove it !) how much did you end up sizing down ?

Horrible isn't it? Man they ruined a good shoe trying to be too damn cute b/c I agree the shape of that shoe is awesome, I would say even better than the Derringer's which I've owned and loved but had to sell b/c they were too small.

I'll see about the tassel, not my style, but I'll give it a whirl. The verdict is out until these get here on my sizing, but I am typially between an 8-8.5 in dress shoes (9 in Sperry's, 8.5 in Clarks/Bostonian, 8 in Allen/Alden) and had an 8 in the Derringer's but thought it was just too snug in the toe. If these are a bit big I figured/hope an insole could help. Fingers crossed.

mr bunbury

Reaction score
There's a couple of these KMW knits on sale for $50 in the Tannery (the old one, downstairs) in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA. I just picked one up.
crewneck_oat.jpg
There's also a small selection of s/s stuff from Rag & Bone, Surface 2 Air, CDG Shirt, etc. for *really* low prices.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
No idea, other than the fit pics and measurements on Context.

I might give it a try.

JBA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr bunbury
There's a couple of these KMW knits on sale for $50 in the Tannery (the old one, downstairs) in Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA. I just picked one up.

crewneck_oat.jpg

There's also a small selection of s/s stuff from Rag & Bone, Surface 2 Air, CDG Shirt, etc. for *really* low prices.

I went, little stuff left, some ACNE. Sadly no KMW left. Cheers for the heads up.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBA
I went, little stuff left, some ACNE. Sadly no KMW left. Cheers for the heads up.
Was that you i saw looking through the KMW? I saw wearing non-tannery clothes (that location is mostly streetwear) go straight for the only good rack of clothes and look for KMWs. If so, sup. If not, some SF looking guy came in as i did looking for similar stuff. Made a bline for the good clothes There are some acne tshirts, some KZO graphic tshirts (kinda cool looking) and those white kzo jeans in size 31. This YMC spring black bomber that was kinda cool looking in M and L and probably the best things left were a 3-4 CDG SHIRT windbreakers and 2 Acne Navy toggle spring coats (48 and 50). I tried it on and it fits and looks real great and i think was like $180-200 (down from $550retail). There was a XL KMW sweatshirt left i almost bought just to try and flip and turn a profit but figured i wouldn't be able to do so with XL. I might scope out sufu and see if there is a market because i could use some money for christmas presents I got myself an acne tshirt and a rag&bone spring jacket harrington like thing

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAC in SF is on sale. There is a bunch of Dries van Noten (Some good outerwear, including the puffy peacoat and some heavier wool short coats, plus plenty of shirts), Margiela, and Jil Sander on sale. Also a good selection of Woolrich Woolen Mills, including the Maine Guide jacket.

Interestingly, Engineered garments has a V-neck piece that is made out of the same diamond material as the Wings+Horns Diamond henley. Not on sale.

While I was there, they got a sizable shipment of new SS Margiela in as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Too bad mac buys are terrible dude scott is a moron to boot.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr bunbury

if you guys see crazy deals like this and can afford it, you should pick them all up and flip them here. I called and talked to four different people there this morning, and none of them had any idea WTH KMW was.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
if you guys see crazy deals like this and can afford it, you should pick them all up and flip them here. I called and talked to four different people there this morning, and none of them had any idea WTH KMW was.
Trust me i wanted to resell them. Not to mention that a SFer came in right as i was leaving looking for them too. The lady said she had a couple more and didn't know what happened and that they must have sold today or yesterday. The people on that side of the store are just streetwear kids or trendy denim girls so it doesn't surprise me. I saw some 1947 501 LVCs in some really faded color that didn't have a pricetag and i was hoping they didn't really know the price and would quote me low but she said "i know it sounds crazy but they retail for like $350 so we can only go 50% off". My receipt for the r&b jacket and acne tshirt says "2 Diesels" on it. lol The other side of the store has some cool stuff SF people would really like. I don't think the KMW chinos they have will be put on sale though. Probably will jsut carry them over. They do have a lot of shirts by that brand "The Shirt" or something like that. Can't find anything online as googling that is impossible. A lot of them look and feel really nice though despite the made in china tag. Like $95 but there are so many of them i'm sure they'll sale rack them at some point early in 2010 Oh, also those Unholy Matrimony layered flannel shirt thing was on sale for like $120 but they'd probably go down further as they usually give you more off if you sound interested

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rachel Comey: Wednesday, December 16, from 5 to 9 p.m. Sample Sale, 335 West 35th Street, 7th floor, (between 8th and 9th avenues); no phone. Acne Studio Sale What: Acne kicks off their end-of-season sale this week. Stop by their Greene Street boutique for up to 50% off their autumn/winter goods When: Sale starts Thursday, December 17. 10 Greene Street, (between Canal and Grand streets); 212-625-2828.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Too bad mac buys are terrible dude scott is a moron to boot.
I like this - insulting a guy and dropping a name at the same time. I need to learn more from a super cool dude like you
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics