• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FuumaXCloakX?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
here's a thought: ccp overlock stitching is ugly because I don't want to see hints of pale, unworked out flesh peaking through clothes these same people probably drink hot chocolate and eat donuts

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
...but they fit great and can still accommodate my volumous thighs/ass.

eh.gif

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I can remove them without unbutonning them but that's what I like about the fit, it's the patented slim fitted dior homme sag. I could fit 28s no problem.

I'm trying to figure this out.. Do you still wear a belt when you're going for that fit? If so, do you prefer a lighter belt that won't weigh them down or does this not matter? And do you fasten the belt to sit on you hips? (sorry for so many questions. I just got a pair of jeans that I intend to wear like this) thanks

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
eh.gif

With 6000 posts you should know already that every skinny bastard comes on SF thinking they're built like Tom Platz:

"Hi guyz, I have big thighs, can anyone recommend me a fuller jean? Would the APC NS work? Um, I do alot of roller-blading."

zn9940.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
here's a thought: ccp overlock stitching is ugly because I don't want to see hints of pale, unworked out flesh peaking through clothes these same people probably drink hot chocolate and eat donuts
Overlock stitching does not expose the skin, you're referring to invisi-seam, basically a very discrete form of stitching that leaves the illusion of the fabric being held together by an invisible force. Note: on these pictures the "threads" are way more apparent than they'd be in day to day use.
37eb8785d2fb38770355ba736d8ad2dc.png
bsKspMNDw.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I'm trying to figure this out.. Do you still wear a belt when you're going for that fit? If so, do you prefer a lighter belt that won't weigh them down or does this not matter? And do you fasten the belt to sit on you hips? (sorry for so many questions. I just got a pair of jeans that I intend to wear like this) thanks

I usually don't wear a belt, they're light jeans and merely sit low on my hips.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Is there a place where I can either get a pair of black cloak jeans in size 30 or get my pair copied?? They're starting to be a little beat.
$150 for a pattern. $12 for a yield (1.5yd) of decent denim (Italian, Japanese). $25-$35 to sew a sample here in LA. $1 for generic trim. Rivets & tack buttons. Once your patterns solid you can knock out jeans for about $50 if you cut the fabric yourself. The only drawback is this is all based on relationships with manufacturers and samples shops that aren't accessible to the public. Carl at American Rag would knock them off and make a new pair but it's expensive, between $350 & $450 for the first jean, I understand the price comes down a hundred dollars or so for additional jeans cut from the same pattern.

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I second the recommendation on Karl (Rogue Territory.) He's the only MTM jeans guy I can think of that isn't a total douchebag.

hmm...interesting!

i might have to see if he can recreate a pair of thick viridi-anne cotton/linen jeans for me.. pattern is pretty complicated though...
confused.gif

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuuma is there anywhere that would be able to replicate the invisi-seam if for example you are looking to get the pants hemmed or the waist taken in? I know this is sacrelige to some but CCP have done right with these pants and if I can wear them with some alterations I'd highly consider them.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
call plokhov and ask. he needs work.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
he could call up Robbie and see about some piece work

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Fuuma is there anywhere that would be able to replicate the invisi-seam if for example you are looking to get the pants hemmed or the waist taken in? I know this is sacrelige to some but CCP have done right with these pants and if I can wear them with some alterations I'd highly consider them.

There is probably somewhere but I wouldn't know where to look. You can do special orders at CCP (better go to Milan) and switch some measurements around. I have a friend who flies for a new series of orders every couple of months, works for him. They made everything for him; suits, shirts, shoes, coats, leathers, boots so they can be versatile as long as they have the fabric and you couldn't find your size/it was sold out at your local/regional boutique who carries CCP. It is relatively hush hush but they do deliver that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads