FuumaXCloakX?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

here's a thought: ccp overlock stitching is ugly because I don't want to see hints of pale, unworked out flesh peaking through clothes these same people probably drink hot chocolate and eat donuts

2. why

why Senior member

...but they fit great and can still accommodate my volumous thighs/ass.

[​IMG]

3. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I can remove them without unbutonning them but that's what I like about the fit, it's the patented slim fitted dior homme sag. I could fit 28s no problem.

I'm trying to figure this out.. Do you still wear a belt when you're going for that fit? If so, do you prefer a lighter belt that won't weigh them down or does this not matter? And do you fasten the belt to sit on you hips? (sorry for so many questions. I just got a pair of jeans that I intend to wear like this) thanks

4. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

[​IMG]

With 6000 posts you should know already that every skinny bastard comes on SF thinking they're built like Tom Platz:

"Hi guyz, I have big thighs, can anyone recommend me a fuller jean? Would the APC NS work? Um, I do alot of roller-blading."

[​IMG]

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

here's a thought: ccp overlock stitching is ugly because I don't want to see hints of pale, unworked out flesh peaking through clothes these same people probably drink hot chocolate and eat donuts
    Overlock stitching does not expose the skin, you're referring to invisi-seam, basically a very discrete form of stitching that leaves the illusion of the fabric being held together by an invisible force. Note: on these pictures the "threads" are way more apparent than they'd be in day to day use. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Fuuma

I'm trying to figure this out.. Do you still wear a belt when you're going for that fit? If so, do you prefer a lighter belt that won't weigh them down or does this not matter? And do you fasten the belt to sit on you hips? (sorry for so many questions. I just got a pair of jeans that I intend to wear like this) thanks

I usually don't wear a belt, they're light jeans and merely sit low on my hips.

7. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I like Fuuma

And I like Cloak

Not so sure about this thread...

8. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Is there a place where I can either get a pair of black cloak jeans in size 30 or get my pair copied?? They're starting to be a little beat.
    $150 for a pattern. $12 for a yield (1.5yd) of decent denim (Italian, Japanese). $25-$35 to sew a sample here in LA. $1 for generic trim. Rivets & tack buttons. Once your patterns solid you can knock out jeans for about $50 if you cut the fabric yourself. The only drawback is this is all based on relationships with manufacturers and samples shops that aren't accessible to the public. Carl at American Rag would knock them off and make a new pair but it's expensive, between $350 & $450 for the first jean, I understand the price comes down a hundred dollars or so for additional jeans cut from the same pattern.

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I second the recommendation on Karl (Rogue Territory.) He's the only MTM jeans guy I can think of that isn't a total douchebag.

10. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

I second the recommendation on Karl (Rogue Territory.) He's the only MTM jeans guy I can think of that isn't a total douchebag.

hmm...interesting!

i might have to see if he can recreate a pair of thick viridi-anne cotton/linen jeans for me.. pattern is pretty complicated though...[​IMG]

11. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Fuuma is there anywhere that would be able to replicate the invisi-seam if for example you are looking to get the pants hemmed or the waist taken in? I know this is sacrelige to some but CCP have done right with these pants and if I can wear them with some alterations I'd highly consider them.

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

call plokhov and ask. he needs work.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

he could call up Robbie and see about some piece work

14. Fuuma

call plokhov and ask. he needs work.

He's swimming in the Versace money and taking it easy, my friend was recently talking to him and no way the dude is coming back to designing.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma is there anywhere that would be able to replicate the invisi-seam if for example you are looking to get the pants hemmed or the waist taken in? I know this is sacrelige to some but CCP have done right with these pants and if I can wear them with some alterations I'd highly consider them.

There is probably somewhere but I wouldn't know where to look. You can do special orders at CCP (better go to Milan) and switch some measurements around. I have a friend who flies for a new series of orders every couple of months, works for him. They made everything for him; suits, shirts, shoes, coats, leathers, boots so they can be versatile as long as they have the fabric and you couldn't find your size/it was sold out at your local/regional boutique who carries CCP. It is relatively hush hush but they do deliver that way.