• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Me Find Beautiful Down

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The quality of the CDW may be good, but just look at the pictures. It looks an awful lot like my down sleeping bag, but with gold snaps added. The arms look like puffed marshmallows, and the elastic/gathered fabric around the arm openings looks like a sleeping bag design too-- all that's missing is the the draw string!

SW_Navy_puffy_no_hood.jpg

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't mind a jacket that made me feel like i was wrapped in a nice warm sleeping bag.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
I personally wouldn't mind a jacket that made me feel like i was wrapped in a nice warm sleeping bag.
Yes, but there is a difference between feeling like you're wrapped in a sleeping bag vs. looking like you're inside one too. The former is desirable on a cold day, while the later is not. Just because everyone else will be wearing similar looking $30 puffer jackets from Old Navy doesn't make it a flattering look.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada

+1

That's the 60/40 cloth which is pretty great in person plus you can get them in whole bunch of different materials and cloth from matte to shiny. A true classic that will never go out of style or wear out like fashiony try hard down pieces.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
That's the 60/40 cloth which is pretty great in person plus you can get them in whole bunch of different materials and cloth from matte to shiny. A true classic that will never go out of style or wear out like fashiony try hard down pieces.

But you appear to buy new pieces (and resell older pieces) at such a rapid rate that I doubt you'd ever have this problem, regardless of what you buy. Is your style really so static that you'd wear the same style pieces for 10+ years? This idealized notion of long term pieces you keep for decades is pure bonk, especially for someone who posts here on these forums day and night as if clothing was an obsession.

As for the quality, I've never seen CDW in person so I'll take you're word it's great-- I have no reason to disbelieve that. However, I can tell you the quality of the DBSS down jacket I bought appears to be top notch, just like most pieces from well regarded Japanese brands. Longevity is unknown though.

Style wise, the CDW coat is a fine example of this style of coat. However, this "classic" style was never very good to begin with. It honestly looks like something my grandfather whom didn't care much about style would have worn when he went outside to chop wood on a cold winter day. And CDW appears to do nothing to improve the style, instead they retain the same ill fitting shape and elastic band details as that of a generic, cheaper coat. If I pay $300+ I expect something a little more special. Nobody is going to look at that CDW coat and think "nice coat". You will look no more distinctive wearing that than the guy wearing the $30 Old Navy puffer coat. But if you're goal is to blend in and match everyone else's style while secretly gloating to yourself about the great CDW quality, then the coat's a big win.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
But you appear to buy new pieces (and resell older pieces) at such a rapid rate that I doubt you'd ever have this problem, regardless of what you buy. Is your style really so static that you'd wear the same style pieces for 10+ years? This idealized notion of long term pieces you keep for decades is pure bonk, especially for someone who posts here on these forums day and night as if clothing was an obsession.

This is incorrect.

Originally Posted by BB1
As for the quality, I've never seen CDW in person so I'll take you're word it's great-- I have no reason to disbelieve that. However, I can tell you the quality of the DBSS down jacket I bought appears to be top notch, just like most pieces from well regarded Japanese brands. Longevity is unknown though.

This is why you don't juge based on pictures, this is not a luxury item.

Originally Posted by BB1
Style wise, the CDW coat is a fine example of this style of coat. However, this "classic" style was never very good to begin with. It honestly looks like something my grandfather whom didn't care much about style would have worn when he went outside to chop wood on a cold winter day. And CDW appears to do nothing to improve the style, instead they retain the same ill fitting shape and elastic band details as that of a generic, cheaper coat. If I pay $300+ I expect something a little more special. Nobody is going to look at that CDW coat and think "nice coat". You will look no more distinctive wearing that than the guy wearing the $30 Old Navy puffer coat. But if you're goal is to blend in and match everyone else's style while secretly gloating to yourself about the great CDW quality, then the coat's a big win.

That coat will outperform the julius one every day of the week and having everything designer is dumb imho. The devil is in the details which, again, aren't shown in photos. Just because it wouldn't fit you well doesn't mean it won't fit 80% of sw customers who are eu 46-52. No use debating further since you haven't handled the garments.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Been on a bomber kick lately will cop cdw raf inspired down bomber soon **** fits great on me sized down.

V, what size will you cop ? trying to determine if I should go for a m/40 or l/42.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Mat wait til I try on the bomber again I completely forgot, I need to get more info from you before I give you any answers.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably end up taking a size larger than you, but the m/40 seem soldout right now damn...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn I just looked at his site and half of that **** is gone and he just got it! How did the ervell fit?

I really really want that hooded down sweater now it's been in the 40s at night in socal and will only get worse. Too bad it's been warm during the day.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, seriously ! I was filling my cart an couple of hours ago and then I came here asking sizing advices and then 'soldout', everything ! wtf ! hope there will be some restocking action.

The ervell fits great but it's been raining for two weeks so I'm not going out and it's too fckn hot inside
frown.gif
(by the way, do you think I could fit in a medium fairisle from this year ?, might look weird I dunno...)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's crazy, it usually takes them awhile to manufacture since it's not all chinese garbage but he will get more. That stuff doesn't go on sale anyway so it's all good. CDW sells extremely well so you kind of need to act fast.

I bought the fair isle in large, will try on tonight and let you know lolz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads