• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I'm not gonna even chance it. I'm 1 semtex grenade stick away from Plastered III. I do like standing in front of the enemy's tactical insertion point and wacking them when the spawn.

Bwahahahaha awesome. I have to start using semtex.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It deters people from camping.

It also makes sniping pointless. That's why I liked Socom. COD just seemed all run and gun that anyone can be good at. Very little strategy involved. A friend of mine had a roommate who loved COD. She tried to play Socom for a while and could barely get a kill. I think one game requires much more skill than the other. COD is great for fast paced play, but that tends to get boring after a while. I guess I'll know later today when I get the game home.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
It also makes sniping pointless. That's why I liked Socom. COD just seemed all run and gun that anyone can be good at. Very little strategy involved. A friend of mine had a roommate who loved COD. She tried to play Socom for a while and could barely get a kill. I think one game requires much more skill than the other. COD is great for fast paced play, but that tends to get boring after a while. I guess I'll know later today when I get the game home.

You'll see today but this isn't 100% accurate. Matches have flow and pacing to them, and the best players use that to their advantage.

Granted, this isn't a PURE tactical shooter (twitch is rewarded) but MW2 is much slower-paced than MW1.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good point, but not necessarily. I usually use claymores when I snipe, for protection and to allow me to concentrate on sniping. I'm not worried about someone creeping up behind me. Believe it or not I think you can still have a very good game sniping from one spot if you pick a good place, lay down some claymores and get out of sight everyone once and a while.

That's some of the problem with camping. It takes no skill to just sit there like a bump and wait for someone to walk around a corner. The strategy of a sniper should be (just in like RL) recon first see where they're coming from, alert teammates (If anyone in this game would ever talk), take position and lay down support. A sniper probably shouldn't have the most kills in a game. If they do then either the entire other team is garbage (and you win) or your team is garbage (and you lose)

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^+1
the game is ment for team play. if you have a team that plays well together they will usually win. if everyone is running around like idiots and not talking you will lose.

I love sniping however the running around with the ACR is mad fun.
thats.mana and johnny_5 and I play well together. it's good times not boring at all.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good point, but not necessarily. I usually use claymores when I snipe, for protection and to allow me to concentrate on sniping. I'm not worried about someone creeping up behind me. Believe it or not I think you can still have a very good game sniping from one spot if you pick a good place, lay down some claymores and get out of sight everyone once and a while.

That's some of the problem with camping. It takes no skill to just sit there like a bump and wait for someone to walk around a corner. The strategy of a sniper should be (just in like RL) recon first see where they're coming from, alert teammates (If anyone in this game would ever talk), take position and lay down support. A sniper probably shouldn't have the most kills in a game. If they do then either the entire other team is garbage (and you win) or your team is garbage (and you lose)

Best way to prevent camping like that is to limit sniper bullets severely.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I've really not been sniping as much in MW2 as I did in MW1, anyone have any good suggestions for a sniper class setup?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
I've really not been sniping as much in MW2 as I did in MW1, anyone have any good suggestions for a sniper class setup?

I haven't either, I can tell you one thing, I've noticed that in MW1 there was usually one or two ways into my favorite Snipe spot on Crash or Crossfire now there seems to be 3 or 4 ways in to places I would consider sniping from.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
Aside from the obvious (Claymores, Pistol/Machine Pistol), Cold Blooded seems like a must. Steady Aim Pro provides Iron Lungs from MW1. Bling would let you silence your rifle (if sniper rifles can be silenced in MW2) and use sensor (for ninjas) or FMJ. My hypothetical loadout would be: Intervention (Bling) w/ Silencer/FMJ random machine pistol Claymore/Smoke Bling/Cold Blooded Pro/Steady Aim Pro and whatever killstreak perks had great synergy...Counter-UAV, Predator etc.

HommeFatale

Reaction score
There are 22 pages of Titles and 8 pages of emblems. I assume you have to get every challenge and master every gun to get them all. It seems a real waste to then lose all that if you prestige.
No, on the loading screen it says you keep these after you Prestige. I use way less strategy now than I did in MW, now I just run around grenade spamming and noob tubing with Scavenger and Danger Close. I miss having the M16 available standard, once I have it unlocked maybe i'll get back above 1.00.
Originally Posted by Lel
It's not a game breaking completely unfair advantage (like say all the moon jumps in Halo 2 that let you get way way way above the map).
Ahem, super bounce. I really liked the glitches in Halo 1 and 2, it was a lot of fun exploring maps, it is insane how big some of the levels were (like Gemini, for instance).

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
No kill-cam in hardcore ;\\. It can get really ridiculous.

As of recent I have been owning with the UMP 45 silenced with marathon pro, cold blooded, and ninja. I have been running circles around the other team and keep moving from spot to spot and no one can ever catch me
devil.gif

My bad, forgot about Hardcore
laugh.gif
Don't have the patience for it, or at least, I like how more stupid people in TDM act and I'm a sucker for abusing kill streaks.

I never understood the no strategy involved argument against MP. I guess people assume that classes, guns, attachments, perks, and killstreaks are all chosen at random and all players do is run around and shoot blindly at everything.
facepalm.gif

Customization alone, at least being able to create class that runs and functions the way you intend it do, brings a lot of strategy to multiplayer before the match even starts. People can write pages and pages alone on strategy analyizing different class types for different matches, explaining the various areas of the maps and how they effect gameplay flow different (actually, they have already for modern warfare 1).

On a sidenote: I guess additional classes don't get unlocked? Having only 5 custom classes is tough with so many options, I end up quickly trying to tweak certain aspects to match for the map right before the game starts.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sniper set I use is

scavenger pro ( get more claymores this way)

cold blooded

ninja

rifle- WA2000 silencer or heart beat tracker

G-18 all day long with red dot

my accurency and kill death ratio says the set up works!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only beef I have with it so far, is that there are no gun fights. The majority of the time, the kill goes to the player who comes up behind the other player, or who sees the other player first. At least in Socom, most of the time the better shooter would prevail. This just seems to be a roll of the dice. If you see me first, I'm dead. If I see you first, you're dead. It's great for fast paced play, but I think it lacks the long term playability and skill that Socom has. I haven't had the game that long, but I also feel like there could be more maps...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really liking the heartbeat sensors.

Also, I like tactical insertion but I hate it. Why should I give up my grenades for that? At first I thought I could use it to get around the really crappy spawning system at times (yes, I would love to spawn all the away across the map/right in front of an enemy) but it's not worth giving up grenades. Special grenades, sure, but IMO it's dumb that they made it that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads