• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Raided FP Japan
IMG0437.jpg
IMG0438.jpg

IMG0439.jpg
IMG0440.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
thanks for all the nice words gents plenty more to come
Great stuff - The leather on that jacket is butter. The MMM shop in the village had the brown when I was there but was sold out in black; I overheard someone asking about it. Bag looks excellent, I haven't seen that in person though. It is really going to be a drag if this brand starts turning out a bunch of garbage after this season, what with the change and all. If so they are going out with a bang.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Great stuff - The leather on that jacket is butter. The MMM shop in the village had the brown when I was there but was sold out in black; I overheard someone asking about it.

Bag looks excellent, I haven't seen that in person though.

It is really going to be a drag if this brand starts turning out a bunch of garbage after this season, what with the change and all. If so they are going out with a bang.

I heard (from MMM employees) they're planning not to release the three zips for at least a season.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I heard (from MMM employees) they're planning not to release the three zips for at least a season.

That is a shame but since you are speaking with these people I have to ask, do they believe it is sharply downhill from here or that nothing much will change after the transition? Or are they not talking about it?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
That is a beautiful jacket. Did a double-take. Love the Perfecto biker meets peacoat with the shoulder details. I know I couldn't pull that off, but I'm loving it.

Thoughts on how to wear it?

Good to see someone else on the forum likes it. Richard Chai really doesn't get a lot of mention here much at all (or anywhere else for that matter) for some unknown reason.

As far as how I'm going to wear it, well I don't think I'll be using the 8 buttons and side zip much, so I plan to wear zip up sweaters under it. I have a few that I think will go really well with it. Probably a button up or maybe a V neck under that. Really I'll have to own it for a week or two to know what goes well with it best though.

Also got a few more recent purchases from the Gilt final sale (all RC):
Tailored Drawstring Pants
Silk Cotton Drawstring Pants (I question these, but RC has never made a bad cut of pants, and these were awesome on his runway show, and who the hell else makes slouchy, but tailored, drop crotch khakis?)
Washed Cotton Slouch Pants
Cotton Stripe Collar Shirt
Cotton Batiste Arc Seam Shirt

Got all that for about the retail price of one of his flannel shirts.
bounce2.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
That is a shame but since you are speaking with these people I have to ask, do they believe it is sharply downhill from here or that nothing much will change after the transition? Or are they not talking about it?

Renzo is the devil

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
this was his design team's last collection

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hickey cashmere hoodie
IMG_2925.jpg

hopefully i can procure something reaaaaal nice on Friday.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4 RO double layers in bronze, dust, black and white

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Renzo is the devil

It's not like Margiela hasn't been owned by the Diesel group since 2002 or anything. I mean, look at the brand circa 2009 vs 1998 (when I first saw the stuff at the Barney'
s outlet in Cabazon.) It has marquee stores. It is sold all over the internet. There are half a dozen different lines for men alone. Tons of sneakers, jewelry, and accessories which must have massive margins. In 1998, some of the Barney's SAs, at Barneys in Beverly Hills, didn't know anything about the brand. I remember asking after the brand (at the main store after having seen the stuff at the outlet - I didn't pick up any, I had a Jil Sander fetish at the time, and spent all my money on that) and getting lots of blank looks. Can you imagine that now? And there was tons of stuff languishing at the outlet at 75% off - everything from knits and tees, starting at about $30. Alan Bilzerian dropped the brand after SS06 or FW06, telling me that it had just become soulless. That guy has a much, much, better eye than I do, or, in all likelihood, will. But has the brand become less popular since then? Aren't we all still eating it up?

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Does the collar stay up pretty well or does it like to lay out on the shoulders?

Last of my stuff just arrived, will post pics in a few days but this is what I've got since I stopped posting fits:

White 45rpm jeans
White cotton Trovata trousers
Dark gray NDG jeans
Black wool Jil Trousers
Gray washed leather NDC boots
Brown lamb bespoke bomber (UK) from Walneal in HK
Black rubber-coated flannel-lined mac (Japan) from Walneal
Black chunky MB999 scarf
Black Sorels (de-logoed)
White canvas weekender from Beckel Canvas (It's very nice! I was pleasantly surprised for $50)

To cop:
Shirts, knits, jackets, TOJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads