• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Rake" magazine

dappledown

Reaction score
How about a 22 USD pair of Havaianas with gold flip flop tong pin ?!? (which I got made-to-order FOC in NZ fashion week wahahaha!) Hey! wait a minute... that's about the proxied price of "The Rake"

Another question to ponder for gazman...would you like to be *****-slapped with a 100% Brazilian rubber flip flop or a Shell Cordovan Balmoral boot with cubanesque heels?
devil.gif

just kidding!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gazman70k
If they are Bata flip-flops then it is a pretty up market affair.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the first issue after subscribing? I apologize if this has been discussed

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dappledown
How about a 22 USD pair of Havaianas with gold flip flop tong pin ?!? (which I got made-to-order FOC in NZ fashion week wahahaha!) Hey! wait a minute... that's about the proxied price of "The Rake"

Another question to ponder for gazman...would you like to be *****-slapped with a 100% Brazilian rubber flip flop or a Shell Cordovan Balmoral boot with cubanesque heels?
devil.gif

just kidding!
laugh.gif

It depends on who is doing the *****-slapping. For example, this pair of gold medal synchronised swimming Brazilian twins would do nicely. One can use the flip-flop and the other the Balmoral boot. Both will be wearing nothing but G&G spectators.

542873-1375-in.jpg

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the first issue after subscribing?

I apologize if this has been discussed

Probably the same day to where you live.

Up to 3 weeks to US when shipped from NewZealand.

Germanicus

Reaction score
Issues 2,5 and 6 arrived today from Singapore, took a little over three weeks.

If anyone has any of the issues 1,3 and 4 for sale, please send me a pn, I'll pay a good price.

Confucius

Reaction score
Never in my life did I expect to see the words "ah beng" being used on these boards...

Has anyone seen The Rake around in Malaysia? I've checked newsstands, Kinokuniya, Borders, The Times....

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about latest issue. On the first page of the photo album about 1930s Italian style I saw a very handsome herringbone gray coat (has wide lapels but actually looks like single breasted coat). The next page describes it as a Burpberry Herringbone Coat.
Why am I not finding this coat on any website of the Intrwebz? Is it Asian market product only? Do Burberry stores have different inventory than online store?

P.S. I would have contacted Burpberry, but I cannot even find a digital pic of that coat.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got issue 5 from chobochobo's generous proxy service. Great magazine! I was expecting to be disappointed given all the hype...but I have to say it lived up to it.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
Question about latest issue. On the first page of the photo album about 1930s Italian style I saw a very handsome herringbone gray coat (has wide lapels but actually looks like single breasted coat). The next page describes it as a Burpberry Herringbone Coat.
Why am I not finding this coat on any website of the Intrwebz? Is it Asian market product only? Do Burberry stores have different inventory than online store?

P.S. I would have contacted Burpberry, but I cannot even find a digital pic of that coat.

It could be. Burberry makes a special range for the Japanese market. Superb stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics