• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you RIDE today?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
did 32 miles yesterday up a series of hills and trails for 5 hours. an epic ride, or at least i'd like to think so.

Ozarks

Reaction score
I ended up doing 120 today with a few friends (well they caught on at about mile 40). It was great until highway 9 when it started getting dark, rainy, and ******. We all only had tail lights and no fenders so we all pretty much ended shooting gravel and mud into each others faces. Luckily by the time it got really dark we all knew the roads by heart.
15437_527385533348_34700661_3127231.jpg
15437_527411765778_34700661_3127268.jpg
The route/The result

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ozarks
I ended up doing 120 today with a few friends (well they caught on at about mile 40). It was great until highway 9 when it started getting dark, rainy, and ******. We all only had tail lights and no fenders so we all pretty much ended shooting gravel and mud into each others faces. Luckily by the time it got really dark we all knew the roads by heart.

cool.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20km on Thu. I'm going to report in km from now on because it makes me feel like I rode farther than had I said 12 miles.
smile.gif

b

mondayc

Reaction score
Today was an excellent, sunny, 74 degrees warm day, so I rode... 8 blocks to the store and back
eh.gif
. This is what I get for putting off my abnormal psychology case study.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a pretty easy 8 miles along the Mt. Vernon trail.

Wife's derailers all messed up. Sole coming off my shoe. Metro-ed home.

b

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did 25 chilly miles this morning.
First chance I've had to ride something other than my winter bike.

It's always fun when your water bottle starts to ice up.
image265t.jpg

Lake Washington.
image266z.jpg

zatarregaza

Reaction score
As much as I'd love to ride on a cold, cold day, I just can't. I'd have frozen snot running back to my ears a la Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber.

It had finally warmed up here in Dallas over the last week or so. Enough to get in a decent ride on Sat morning. All of 22.5 miles worth.

mondayc

Reaction score
Today was the first day in the mid-upper 30's and sunny in a long while, so I went on an 18-mile ride. It was going to be longer until my chain snapped in half, then I walked home 8 blocks.

zatarregaza

Reaction score
Can't let this thread die...

Rode 25 miles yesterday and 27 today in sunny (but windy) Dallas. It really was too nice out this weekend not to get a ride or two in.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
That's nuts.

I can only imagine what a ride that long would be like. With the rolling hills around here, I think 20 miles would be around the most I would want to try.

I'd like to do the Silver Comet this summer. It's 120. Let me know if you ever want to ride.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I'd like to do the Silver Comet this summer. It's 120. Let me know if you ever want to ride.

Details? :fires up google:

Fairly recently, I started getting serious about biking again after taking about a 2-month break for winter. If I ever get a day off, I might have to try to swing your way. Still in the Big 'Lil?

dhaller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen

I'm planning on doing the SC as well, spring or summer.

I ride about 10 miles a day fairly consistently, but I'm ready to start working up towards a century.

DH

bumper crop

Reaction score
did a little over 100 miles 2 weeks ago, about 100 last week. most days are a total of 20 miles, 10 each way to and from work. did 25 on saturday.

doesnt look good weather-wise until wednesday around here, so miles this week will be a challenge. but i should at least get in 60...

it's making a huge difference for me. i have a lot of weight to lose, and since Feb 1, i have lost 22 lbs, 2" off my neck, 5" off my chest, 6" off my waist, and 5" off my thighs.

LIFE CHANGING.

go ride.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads