• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banana Republic, not that bad

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
falling apart is a bit of an exageration. I picture dudes walking down the street and their shirts suddenly shredding in the wind or something. Get home, "Hi, honey..." "Oh, rough day? Where's your shirt?" "It fell apart today." "Oh, dear, those terrbile Banana Republic shirts."

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
"Hi, honey..." "Oh, rough day? Where's your shirt?" "It fell apart today." "Oh, dear, those terrbile Banana Republic shirts."

laugh.gif

ThisFlyGuy

Reaction score
i have a few dress shirts and dress pants from them. i'm pretty happy with the fit and quality

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana Hertiage FTW..Also, you can occasionally 100% wool trousers, slim-fitting, tapered leg for <20...Works for me...

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to wear some of their stuff many years ago...stopped by looking for any slim-fitting cotton khakis...no such thing. Besides, the bloody locks on their outwear are extremely annoying

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thumbs up for the thread title
laugh.gif

Somewhere, a Banana Republic exec in a camel turtleneck and square-toed bluchers is softly weeping.

I was thinking argyle quater-zip swetear with french cuff button down underneath. Don't forget the pebbled black leather driving mocs.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Banana Republic / Gap and just got hired there so I enjoy a 50% discount. Peasant status, maybe, but I'm saving a shitton of money. You've gotta look to find decent stuff, but it really is hard to pass up at half off.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
quarter zip argyle
lol8[1].gif

actually it's quite easy to pass up even when free

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Banana Hertiage FTW.....

You know, all the Heritage stuff that I ever bought was returned because I thought the materials and cut were even worse than the main line stuff.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another mall thread FFS

Is this honestforum????

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Another mall thread FFS Is this honestforum????
H&M thread? Check. Zara thread? Check. J. Crew (aka Robert) threak? Check. Urban Outfitters thread? Check. American Eagle thread? Check. Gap thread? Check. Forever 21 thread? Check. So the way I see it, we have all our bases covered and will never have to see another one of these dumb **** threads created ever again.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
The clothes that fall apart argument is indeed overblown. I'm a washer-dryer guy [the horror!] and have yet to destroy a piece of clothing, even H&M or Gap. It's not good or bad - it is what it is - $30 shirts priced at $89. Just don't spend too much on it.

Well said on their philosophy, BR's shirts would be great at $40-50 but at nearly $100 and over here in Canada, I think not. There are other options and in my case I can go to BB downtown.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
H&M thread? Check.
Zara thread? Check.
J. Crew (aka Robert) threak? Check.
Urban Outfitters thread? Check.
American Eagle thread? Check.
Gap thread? Check.
Forever 21 thread? Check.

So the way I see it, we have all our bases covered and will never have to see another one of these dumb **** threads created ever again.

F ING WRD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads