• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DO NOT drop your Panerai....UPDATE!!

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well my watch is 4 months old.....so if i was to send it back to service and they keep it for 4 months.....me thinks I will have to buy nother panera or sumtin to bide the time....hummm....the 312 or maybe an Omega Seamaster / Railmaster, or a submariner....

What say you?

Regards.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Omega PO, and a Sub no date sounds nice.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I had dropped the Panerai at Zadock Jewellers in Houston 2 weeks ago.....they sent it to Panerai....who called them......$980.00 to replace the crown guard and service the watch!!!!!! HOT DAMN thats one expensive drop! Anyway, I said the watch was only 4 months old so they may do the service free and I pay for the crown guard....will update again soon.

Regards.
PS. In the interim I got a new IWC Inge SS Chrono....which i am wearing today!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky that you didn't drop a Lange or Patek...
smile.gif

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
smile.gif

I would consider myself lucky.....cos that would mean I have a Lange or Patek to drop!!!
drool.gif

......but your point is well taken.
biggrin.gif

Regards.

graphite

Reaction score
for all who are considering basic movement regulation...

you can get services done by many skilled watch repair craftsmen(?) without having to send back to panerai. this especially useful for people who have watches out of warranty, want to save some money, or don't want to wait the ridiculous wait time for panerai service.

for the most part, unless you have a manufattura movement, ETA guts are common and widely serviceable. i sent my panerai to jack @ industrial watchworks (industrialwatchworks.com) to get the movement regulated-- it took 1 week for shipping (because i sent via registered mail) and was only in his shop *maybe* 1 week. back to me immediately after. cost less than 100.00.

he can also do movement cleaning/services, case refurbishment, re-lume, pvd, etc.

i'm in no way associated with jack @ iww, but i've had great experience with him and would recommend all around.

all in all, i'm saying that you have options. there are many watch repairers out there. take a stand against panerai's absolutely horrendous customer service.

i paid 6k for my pam-- i cant' believe the manufacturer would stand behind their product so poorly after dictating such a high price. $980.00 for a crown/service?!? that is absurd.

**** like that makes me wish i hadn't played into the brand-name-game in the beginning.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Well my watch is 4 months old.....so if i was to send it back to service and they keep it for 4 months.....me thinks I will have to buy nother panera or sumtin to bide the time....hummm....the 312 or maybe an Omega Seamaster / Railmaster, or a submariner....

What say you?

Regards.

Sounds like you need stand-in/backup that can take a licking and keep ticking?
devil.gif

International Watchman Marine Diver
normal_IWIMarineDiver.jpg

Please Note that ALL watches are Automatic, Swiss made
and are NOT Chinese fake/copy watches-----No plastic
Parts....
All watches use Genuine ETA / ""A"" Grade Quality movts.
Gen Sapphire Crystals front and back......316L S.S case..
Super-Luminova on Dial and Hands.....

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Sounds like you need stand-in/backup that can take a licking and keep ticking?
devil.gif

Why would someone who owns a real Panerai buy a fake?

calatrava

Reaction score
Someone that needs the unique look of a Panerai while the SC decides to look at it and see what they can charge.

The IW is really probably half the cost of the service if they decide to charge you.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I got a call from the AD, my watch was back....I went to pick it up....and NOTHING was done to it !!!! Apparently the AD forgot to OK the repair with Panerai even after they called me and told me I would have to pay for it and I agreed to pay $1k.
Wonderful!!! So now the watch goes back to Panerai......AGAIN!!!
facepalm.gif

Regards.
PS. The IWC Inge chrono is being put to good use....

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, I got a call from the AD, my watch was back....I went to pick it up....and NOTHING was done to it !!!! Apparently the AD forgot to OK the repair with Panerai even after they called me and told me I would have to pay for it and I agreed to pay $1k.
Wonderful!!! So now the watch goes back to Panerai......AGAIN!!!
facepalm.gif

Regards.
PS. The IWC Inge chrono is being put to good use....

Uggh. Watch dealers are idiots.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
smile.gif

WOW....my friend that got the Panerai for me to my office bought a new Patek last week....and within 2 days proceeded to accidently hit it! It now has nice big gash across the bezel...not nice on a new Patek.

Regards.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I had dropped the Panerai at Zadock Jewellers in Houston

ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them