• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph's Preview Sale

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rogerm
This is funny...

A few months back I received a post card from from a class action lawsuit regarding Ralph Lauren collecting people's addresses on purchases and adding them to mailing lists. Apparently in California it's illegal to collect people's addresses at purchase so I have a post card giving my $20 off a transaction as the agreed upon settlement.

Got the same thing in the mail... basically anyone that made a purchase at RL between October 2006 and Jan 2009 is eligible for a $20 gift certificate if the settlement goes through (sometime in November). If you didn't get a card in the mail, you can go to the website and fill out the claim form before Nov 16 to seek recovery.

Here's the link to more info...
http://classactionresolution.com/pro...ettlement.html

A handful of RL customers get $20 each... wonder what the class action lawyers get. Quite frankly I could care less since I voluntarily chose to be on the mailing lists.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just call the store and ask them to ship you whatever that is you want with a following discount 40% off + 15% off. Then relax , pop “Sex Pistols” onto your $20,000 dollar turntable and open your favorite bottle of vintage bubbly.

P.S. Above settlement concerns only California residents.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I didn't see the code at the bottom of the email that you must enter at checkout. Just placed my order but i'm pissed the Darltons are sold out in my sizes. I might call the Boston store and order them but its a pain in the arrss because i'm between sizes and would need to order a 9 and a 9.5 and then return whichever doesn't work.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the benefit of those wishing to buy, according to my SA:

RLBL basics (such as solid navy/charcoal suits/blazers) are not on sale. Some of the RLBL pieces that do go on sale are 30 + 15, not 40 + 15.

RLPL basics are excluded as well.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryx2
I am logged in, at the presale page and still there are only the regular prices. Darn.
Yes, but you do see the items that are on sale. You'll need the code to get the discount.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryx2
I have the code. I place items in the bag and then I only get the fifteen off.

I'm not sure what you are doing. It works fine for me.

Aspen20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
do they [Georgetown RL] stock the 'good stuff' (EG's, Purple Label)?
I drive past everyday - will try for a look this weekend.

I've never seen any Purple Label stuff in there. They do have a very small selection of RRL though. You're much better off going to the Chevy Chase store, which has all the PL, etc stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads