• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph's Preview Sale

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does this apply to Rugby stuff? How about RRL?

At $60 retail, the Rugby University oxfords could be had for $33 with the 55% off. Wouldn't mind picking up a few more of those.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
I get literally 20 catalogs and endless junk mail from RL every year but only once or twice have I received one of these special invites. Frustrating to say the least.
I only bought a pair of chino and one pair of shoes 2 years ago and I still get all this and an invite card
eh.gif

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
darlton wingtips are included in the sale. 405 after sale

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
darlton wingtips are included in the sale. 405 after sale
I want to buy this...again! If anyone wants to let me use their online code PM please...much appreciated. Regards. PS. I need to make sure my wife doesnt trash all the mail from retailers!!

blam89

Reaction score
anybody not planning on using their code pls pm me! cheers~

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here...pretty please
wink.gif

rogerm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
I only bought a pair of chino and one pair of shoes 2 years ago and I still get all this and an invite card
eh.gif

This is funny...

A few months back I received a post card from from a class action lawsuit regarding Ralph Lauren collecting people's addresses on purchases and adding them to mailing lists. Apparently in California it's illegal to collect people's addresses at purchase so I have a post card giving my $20 off a transaction as the agreed upon settlement.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well damn sucks to have asian feet ;( All the small size is gone. Ah well, at least I can buy that Saints/Falcon tickets now
smile.gif

elite123

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Harringtons and Peerings last time around. I also tried on a suede pair of Mackays. The pairs I purchased that they didn't have at the Chevy Chase store they were able to do a transfer from NYC. Again, Marcel was very helpful in making that happen.

I was told that their selection rotates but they seem to have the usual Grants, Mackays and now the new Italians.

Originally Posted by forex
What EG models are available nowadays? Last time I was in the store,they only had 2-3 models,not a good selection.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elite123
I picked up a pair of Harringtons and Peerings last time around. I also tried on a suede pair of Mackays. The pairs I purchased that they didn't have at the Chevy Chase store they were able to do a transfer from NYC. Again, Marcel was very helpful in making that happen.

I was told that their selection rotates but they seem to have the usual Grants, Mackays and now the new Italians.

Well they are both on 888 last so I don't have to worry about those, it looks like RL left only those two models and are not getting any other models from EG.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What EG models are available nowadays? Last time I was in the store,they only had 2-3 models,not a good selection.
I just got back from the local RL. They normally have a terrible selection of shoes at mine. The only English-made shoes they have in store now are the cordovan chukka with the moc stitching on the toe. The SA I talked to pulled their "Footwear: Fall 09" book out for me to take a look at and there were the usual cordovan selections, the punched cap toe shoe in brown with the elastic side gussets, a nice cordovan george that I might consider, and what had to be a EG brown chukka b/c of the $1500 price tag. It had moc stitching on the toe, but I'm guessing that it's actually a norwegian a la the Dover. Just a guess based on a profile shot and a crappy pic, but that was a sharp boot. I was surprised at how few shoes there were in there that were worth a damn. Oh, and the RL Polo suits were 30+15 and the RLBL stuff is not on markdown at all???

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
I just got back from the local RL. They normally have a terrible selection of shoes at mine. The only English-made shoes they have in store now are the cordovan chukka with the moc stitching on the toe.

The SA I talked to pulled their "Footwear: Fall 09" book out for me to take a look at and there were the usual cordovan selections, the punched cap toe shoe in brown with the elastic side gussets, a nice cordovan george that I might consider, and what had to be a EG brown chukka b/c of the $1500 price tag. It had moc stitching on the toe, but I'm guessing that it's actually a norwegian a la the Dover. Just a guess based on a profile shot and a crappy pic, but that was a sharp boot. I was surprised at how few shoes there were in there that were worth a damn.

Oh, and the RL Polo suits were 30+15 and the RLBL stuff is not on markdown at all???

I'll have to make a trip very soon,you probably saw the new cordovan boot made by C&J,I didn't really like it, I think it was around $1K. My local store had Grant and Mackays last time I was there,well and bunch of other Italian shoes. Even if EG's were included in the sale, they would be around $600-700,not such a great deal.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to make a trip very soon,you probably saw the new cordovan boot made by C&J,I didn't really like it, I think it was around $1K. My local store had Grant and Mackays last time I was there,well and bunch of other Italian shoes. Even if EG's were included in the sale, they would be around $600-700,not such a great deal.

Yes, the boot I saw was the C&J w/ the moc stitching. The george boot (chukka height, brown, assuming cordo, single buckle strap) I would assume is a cordovan C&J also. I might have them order a pair for me so that I can check them out.

Originally Posted by PhiloVance
I thought the boot was a new G&G offering . . .

You may be right. For $15000 hopefully someone competent is making them.

I just remembered that they also had three or four models that have Norvogese or Bentivegna stitching that ran up to $2K. NO idea at all what the story on those is. Anyone seen them or heard of them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads