• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

mattah

Reaction score
Sorry haven't read the complete thread, but is there any chance of a coated SL series jean in the future? I much prefer the SL cut but like the idea of a pair of black coated jeans for my next pair.

The Day Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
My lone beef with the bracelet is it can come done pretty easily. I put some gloves on this afternoon and then took them off in the car. I then realized that putting the gloves on had pushed the bracelet up my wrist a bit and undone the fasten.

That was my one concern. I wondered how that would hold up over time.

slaani

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
My lone beef with the bracelet is it can come done pretty easily. I put some gloves on this afternoon and then took them off in the car. I then realized that putting the gloves on had pushed the bracelet up my wrist a bit and undone the fasten.

I'm feeling the same pain. If it gets much worse as it ages, I'm going to see about adding something to the top of the fasten so it's more difficult to fasten/undo.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
The slim ST-100x

Really? They look reeeally skinny, but maybe it's just the model and the way he's standing?

And forgive my n00bness, but the black dry coated... are those the same as nudie black coated that obtain a leather like sheen after numerous wears? The description says they break in and reveal the indigo underneath which doesn't sound like the same thing to me.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Really? They look reeeally skinny, but maybe it's just the model and the way he's standing?

And forgive my n00bness, but the black dry coated... are those the same as nudie black coated that obtain a leather like sheen after numerous wears? The description says they break in and reveal the indigo underneath which doesn't sound like the same thing to me.

It's definitely not like Nudies' denim, these actually fade to indigo, it's essentially an indigo denim that's been black coated.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
It's definitely not like Nudies' denim, these actually fade to indigo, it's essentially an indigo denim that's been black coated.

Right on... so say after tons of wears, what would the difference be in appearance between the regular indigo and the black indigo that have worn through the coating?

ajchen

Reaction score
It's hard to compare the SL to both the NS and the Nudie Slim Jim because that cut is slimmer than the NS...The SL series is closest in fit to the APC NS.

The black coated jeans are not the same as the Nudie black coated jeans; the sheen actually wears off in the first month or so, and the jean begins to fade indigo. Here are some pics of kixslf's pair that has been worn quite heavily:

2hdy5uf.jpg

20fc552.jpg

Originally Posted by splattered

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing the SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge
Do these bleed a lot?
Most of my jeans measure 16 - 16.5 across? What size do you recommend getting?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads